• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

PIP. DISGUSTED !!!!

P

PoppyW

I just need someone to listen to me.
I accompanied my son today for his Interview. Since being called in.November his Bipolar has gone haywire. Worried sick hed lose his benefits. Deep depression and then manic. Feeling persecuted.
Anyway I picked him up. Drove 20 miles to interview. He took with him letters from Psychiatrist CPN Enablement Officer etc supporting his diagnosis.
We sat down with assessor, my son chatting away to her, explaining his diagnosis 3 yrs ago and a court order to hospitalize him.
She leapt up........"LEAVE" "LEAVE"
This interview is suspended. You are a threat to me. I will not continue !!!!
We need Security. I tried to say he was NOT a threat, the order was 3 yrs ago. She would not listen. My son walked out stunned and bewildered. I tried to talk with her ....LEAVE !
Was her reply. As I walked out she locked her door. This action was disgusting and humiliating. I am almost 70yrs old and my son 46. Im sad and lost what to do. I did phone CAPITA and make official complaints.
So much for Mental Health Awareness
Im devastated.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I just need someone to listen to me.
I accompanied my son today for his Interview. Since being called in.November his Bipolar has gone haywire. Worried sick hed lose his benefits. Deep depression and then manic. Feeling persecuted.
Anyway I picked him up. Drove 20 miles to interview. He took with him letters from Psychiatrist CPN Enablement Officer etc supporting his diagnosis.
We sat down with assessor, my son chatting away to her, explaining his diagnosis 3 yrs ago and a court order to hospitalize him.
She leapt up........"LEAVE" "LEAVE"
This interview is suspended. You are a threat to me. I will not continue !!!!
We need Security. I tried to say he was NOT a threat, the order was 3 yrs ago. She would not listen. My son walked out stunned and bewildered. I tried to talk with her ....LEAVE !
Was her reply. As I walked out she locked her door. This action was disgusting and humiliating. I am almost 70yrs old and my son 46. Im sad and lost what to do. I did phone CAPITA and make official complaints.
So much for Mental Health Awareness
Im devastated.
Dear Poppy, This must have been so SHOCKING !!! I was told to leave a psychiatrists office many years ago. She jumped up and shouted at me to leave. I had confided something personal to her and she said, "I know what kind of girl you are. Get out ! Get out !!" And this was in the first five minutes of meeting her. Just an ignorant, sick doctor. There are many ignorant, sick people working in the mental health field.

You did the right thing, of course, making formal complaints. I only told you my story so you would know that I really do understand. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Love, Poopie

P

PoppyW

Dear Poppy, This must have been so SHOCKING !!! I was told to leave a psychiatrists office many years ago. She jumped up and shouted at me to leave. I had confided something personal to her and she said, "I know what kind of girl you are. Get out ! Get out !!" And this was in the first five minutes of meeting her. Just an ignorant, sick doctor. There are many ignorant, sick people working in the mental health field.

You did the right thing, of course, making formal complaints. I only told you my story so you would know that I really do understand. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Love, Poopie
Thankyou Poopie. I hope you are well x

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Wow that was just sad and perplexing. What a war this is. Physically and Spiritually. Sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully you can find someone who will listen and take on your son's case. Some people are so ruthless. Some people are following law's physically and spiritually. Some people are scared, ill, aware, alert, alarmed, and may keep their distance. Or some people are all of the above. Sorry you both had to experience an alarming judgmental rejection. 🤗. GL GB BS!

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

What a battle life is. Hope all is well and will be well. GL GB BS!

P

PoppyW

Its what to do next.?
Will they stop his ESA.......hes not guilty of anything. CAPITA should make sure their assessors are qualified in Mental Health

Martha Farquhar

Martha Farquhar

Surely if she had such strong concerns(it seems really rude and uncaring to do that) they then really can't claim your son isn't ill enough to get benefits, I think you've got proof! x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've got my work capability asssessment i wouldn't mind that reaction as long as i passsed or should i say failed

BPDevil

BPDevil

why do people work in this area if they can't handle hearing people's past and issues, even if what your son revealed was shocking the way she reacted was so inappropriate

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
she wasn't working in the area of mental health, she was a dwp assessor, a lot of them have little mental health training

god knows what they'll make of me at the work capability assessment thats why i'm trying for a paper asssessment

P

PoppyW

Well good luck with that. On my sons paper assessment we included letter from his Psychiatrist his CPN his Enablement Officer
Even his Nurse. They STILL called him in !

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Well good luck with that. On my sons paper assessment we included letter from his Psychiatrist his CPN his Enablement Officer
Even his Nurse. They STILL called him in !
And it cost them more money to send them in for assessments, clearly its not about money but more about hate... thats the Tory government for ya.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
your gp can request a paper assessment if he says calling you in would be deleterious to your health

Tabby 88

Tabby 88

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If you were asked to leave, you need to find out why exactly, from the dwp. You should phone them and ask what is happening. You should write a letter yourself, explaining what happened, and post it to them asap so they have your point of view. The assessor could have said anything to them or made something up, so this is important.

P

PoppyW

Thankyou. She told my Son to tell her about himself. So he said he was Sectioned 3 yrs ago and Sectioned under a Court Order. That was it ! She said she needed security there and he should have declared the Court Order ???? Just kept saying Leave