• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

PIP backdated pay

A

anthony123

hi i was aleady on dla since 1999 and was invited to transfer to pip on june 2014 i have waited until march 11 2015 before having my face to face assesment i did not have any care allowance so when i spoke with the pip advisor on the 3 rd of june 2014 i had new illnesses so have now been awarded the enhaced rate of motability rate and awarded the standard daily living component . the advisor that i spoke with in june 2014 said that not to worry as if i got any other benefits that they would be backdated to th time that i spoke with him can anyone tell me if this correck please . many thanks . anthony123 could do with a fast reply on this , if anyone has an answer, cvheers

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

As far as I know that is right, can't be absolutely sure. You could,probably phone DWP to ask? I had a long wait for ESA and DLA the first time, and it was all backdated.

I hope you enjoy the forum. It is a good place to find friendly people, help and advice.

Best wishes, Sarah

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

I am on PIP and waited over a year for it to be sorted, I had all of my money backdated when it was awarded to me.

Unique1

Unique1

I got both esa increase and pip backdated by a year too. I then got anxious about the amount they paid.

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

unique1 why did you get anxious about the amount of money?