• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PIP backdated pay

A

anthony123

hi i was aleady on dla since 1999 and was invited to transfer to pip on june 2014 i have waited until march 11 2015 before having my face to face assesment i did not have any care allowance so when i spoke with the pip advisor on the 3 rd of june 2014 i had new illnesses so have now been awarded the enhaced rate of motability rate and awarded the standard daily living component . the advisor that i spoke with in june 2014 said that not to worry as if i got any other benefits that they would be backdated to th time that i spoke with him can anyone tell me if this correck please . many thanks . anthony123 could do with a fast reply on this , if anyone has an answer, cvheers

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

As far as I know that is right, can't be absolutely sure. You could,probably phone DWP to ask? I had a long wait for ESA and DLA the first time, and it was all backdated.

I hope you enjoy the forum. It is a good place to find friendly people, help and advice.

Best wishes, Sarah

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

I am on PIP and waited over a year for it to be sorted, I had all of my money backdated when it was awarded to me.

Unique1

Unique1

I got both esa increase and pip backdated by a year too. I then got anxious about the amount they paid.

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

unique1 why did you get anxious about the amount of money?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Introduce Yourself 8
Tanya2020 Introduce Yourself 2