• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

PIP assessment today....so anxious can’t sleep

C

chel_belle

Never posted before, but I am going out of my mind worrying about the PIP assessment I’m having this afternoon.

I guess I am worried that they won’t understand the struggles I face daily. I cover it all up as much as possible to most people, I struggle to talk about or express my feelings and emotions to those closest to me how the hell am I going to be able to talk to a stranger and make them understand?

C

celticlass

Chel - their focus is very practically based. I wonder if you made a copy of your form you submitted? I think you need to lay this matter aside till the morning and try and let sleep come x I will say what I think then. Please just get some rest. People will respond and you can pick up in the morning xx

C

chel_belle

Thank you, I’ve tried, but instead of laying there letting it play on my mind I thought it would be better to get up for a bit?

C

celticlass

Yes I know what you mean. I am in bed. Struggling with insomnia which has been going on a while. There is a site called Benefits and Work. If you are going to be up you might want to look at their Forum. They have excellent advisers responding to all sorts of issues about PIP and other benefits. You will know, do you, that you need 8 points for an award? If your mental health is such that you need help with social situations then you ought to score 4 points for that alone! Anyway I am going off here now as it just keeps my mind going when I need it to be quiet. I will check how you are doing and comment more in the morning xx

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hope your assessment was OK.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U Pip assessment was today Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Funnyday PIP telephone assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 29
Z PIP telephone assessment nice timing ! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
Artmuzz My second PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
R After my pip assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S PIP they don’t follow recommendations from assessment report Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Artmuzz PIP assessment messing me about Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
S Home visit by Health care assessment by pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
W Were you refused PIP because you missed the face-to-face assessment? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
R Mid-Claim PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
M awarded pip but still need to have esa assessment! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
K PIP - No Face to Face Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
K Psychosis, PIP Assessment and Enhanced Mobility Rate Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S PIP Assessment - Declined Daily Living Component Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
B PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
K PIP Assessment - Left disheartened Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
L PIP and should I be attending an assessment? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
M PIP home assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
N Pip assessment, schizophrenia Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
F The PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
J Had a nightmare PIP assessment with ATOS. Whats my chances? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
E PIP - Capita Assessment. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
D Currently claiming ESA in WRAG, will I need a second assessment to claim PIP? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Sparklypurplepaws pip assessment help please Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
flowergirl finally have date for pip assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
L PIP assessment lasted 30 minutes. Is this bad news? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
S Pip backdated ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
W PIP mobility? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Z got my PIP restored ! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 18
P Got a call from PIP people Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 16
daffy Guide to pip benefits and claiming Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S Applying for SDP on full PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
P PIP decision taking so long Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
J My PIP claim was rejected Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 18
P I have not had an update about my PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Funnyday Pip review Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 25
I Applying for pip worries Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
P Work and pip advice please Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S PIP appeal telephone hearing - Awful Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
S Pip appeal telephone interview - what do they ask? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M (submission letter) pip tribunal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
B Pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Fairy Lucretia PIP saga x Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 32
P Upcoming pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 27
Q Pip query Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Funnyday Pip at risk? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 32
S PIP - Mandatory reconsideration with gp letter? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 78
P Application for pip and work while on anti psychotic meds Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 29
W News re: PIP and ESA reviews Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
W PIP/ESA/UC face-to-face assessments suspended. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1