PIP assessment messing me about

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

I had to reapply for PIP after the tribunal refused to reward me PIP last year. Anyway, I reapplied again and a few weeks later I got a text from PIP telling me they want me in for a face to face assessment but the date wasn’t suitable because my support worker was busy so I phoned them to arrange a suitable date for my support worker to attend with me and it was arranged for today this morning.

I have been sick with anxiety and panic over this assessment for the past month and was really wanting to get this out the way but I got a phone call 15 minutes before my assessment telling me the assessor is off sick. They also told me they tried to phone last week to tell me but I missed the call and they didn’t even leave a voice message or text. This has made me really angry because my support worker had to take time off to support me and they didn’t even leave a text or voice message to tell me in advance and this has caused nothing but stress.

They told me that they don’t know when I will get the face to face assessment but I told them it will have to be arranged over whether my support worker is free. I got very angry on the phone.

I am getting pissed off with the DWP and atos. This is causing me great stress but I won’t give up.

M

Manda

Last time I had to have a PIP assessment they let me turn up twice before I was actually seen. The first time I was told by the receptionist that there was no one to assess me, the second time I was told that due to a member of staff being ill I could wait for over an hour if I wanted to or have another appointment.
I have massive anxiety problems and couldn't be in a crowded space crushed next to strangers who might start talking to me, so although it had taken me a long time to actually just get out of the house I had to let them send me another appointment and endure more time feeling sick with fear.
This time, 1 week ago, was worse. I turned up at 8.45am as instructed and watched 3 other people be called in. I was totally ignored. After half an hour, by which time I was crying, my sister (I can't leave the house on my own) asked what was going on as she'd seen other people leaving. She was told an assessor had called in sick, which they obviously known at 8.45, and that I'd be seen within the next 15 minutes. After 20 minutes she asked again and was told again that I'd be seen within the next 15 minutes.After another 15 minutes she asked again and was told I'd be seen very soon.
For half an hour whilst we were waiting it had been apparent that the electricity had gone off on the 1st floor. After I had been waiting for well over an hour I was asked if I wanted another appointment or to see an assessor. As I'm dependent on my sister being able to take me I didn't want to mess her around and said I wanted to be seen. We then heard the receptionist persuade someone to see me. We were then taken, by a woman who clearly wanted to be there less than I did to a dark room on the 1at floor.
The electricity was off and so she couldn't access my details on her computer and didn't know who I was or what was meant to be "wrong" with me. The whole interview was humiliating in the extreme as she just asked questions that she was trying to remember from previous assessments and finished by asking if I was suicidal and did my doctor know. The interview lasted for 20 minutes. My answers were rubbish and I just couldn't explain how my illness affected my life. I am convinced that I will have my PIP removed as I could sense her distance towards me.
The day was rounded off nicely by a GP appointment. I told him that I'd had a DWP assessment that had left me feeling absolutely awful and he responded immediately by asking me if I'd cut down my use of co-codomol, but that's another story and I've already bored you rigid xxx

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

I phoned the Independent Assesment Service to arrange another appointment only to be told that they are going to report to the DWP that I failed to attend when it is total lies.

I had to phone DWP to tell them that I was on my way to my assessment but was told that the assessor was off sick 15 minutes before the assessment. The DWP told me they will leave a note to dismiss their lies that I failed to attend and my claim will not be cancelled.

Through google search I’m shocked that their old name was the dreaded ATOS. I’m furious that those scumbags are still doing assessments.

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

PIP Assessments are horrid and degrading and they lie so much!
It was said I didn’t have anxieties about travelling alone as I travelled to the assessment alone and was there alone. It was in my house and I was only alone as my fiancé couldn’t get off work.

As well as many, many more lies. I don’t know how they get away with it, if anything the process has made me worse and more suicidal

F

forestfan

I filled in an assessment form and they received on the 5th June 2019.

How long will I have to weight for a reply?

Like many others on here I suffer severe mental health issues, and having 5 operations on my back left in a disability mess, struggling to walk and definitely can''t bend.
Hoping they will just give me a paper based decision, even though I didn't ask for one.

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

Unfortunately there is no standard wait time. However, when I heard nothing after two months not even an acknowledgement that Capita (or whoever yours goes to) has received it, I called up and got an appointment quickly.
It all depends how busy they are

fazza

fazza

I filled in an assessment form and they received on the 5th June 2019.

How long will I have to weight for a reply?

Like many others on here I suffer severe mental health issues, and having 5 operations on my back left in a disability mess, struggling to walk and definitely can''t bend.
Hoping they will just give me a paper based decision, even though I didn't ask for one.
With regard to the paper based assesment. I did not ask for one but got one.
I think though that because you have physical problem too then you may be asked to attend.

The only thing consistant with capita/atos is inconsistancy.

Everyone seems to have a very different response from them.

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

Yeah last year I got an information pack from Capita and a letter to confirm they had gotten my form. This year nothing, even when I phoned they tried to fob me off till I said PIP had told me to phone and I should have had some communication and it had been two months. Boom they were able to give me an appointment.

Best advise, I know it’s hard, but try not to think or dwell on it too much. Keep note of when you get confirmation it’s arrived and then check up if it’s been “too long” I’d say 6-8 weeks. Just to make sure all is ok, you may have to wait longer but I know I get peace of mind from at least contacting to make sure.