• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PIP appeal telephone hearing - Awful

S

Sophs50522

Hi all, I've just had my telephone hearing for my PIP appeal and my god it was dreadful. They do interrogate you a bit still :(
I was told I was going to hear today and for me to end the call whilst they discussed it but it's now gone 6clock and I didn't think they worked past 5?
I was on the call from 3.15 - 5pm.
I assumed they would call back but surely they would have by now?
Do anyone know how long it takes for me to hear from them via post if not?

Thank you

bpd2020

bpd2020

Gosh, what a long assessment you had! It must have been awful. I am not sure how long it would take to be contacted by post as everything is delayed due to Covid. I really hope they called you back.

S

Sophs50522

They didn't call back sadly :( that call has made my Anxiety horrific this evening . I never want to apply for PIP again If I lose it. So daunting. I feel for everyone having to Appeal.
Im convinced I've lost it. Wondering if they update the outcome.on the track my appeal website?

bpd2020

bpd2020

It is so frustrating they did not call you back. You could check the website. Hopefully they will let you know soon. It is horrible having to wait.

S

Sophs50522

Checked the website but nothing on there, guess I just have to wait 😭 Will let you know how I get on soon as I hear something.

S

Sophs50522

hey I would just like to update that my hearing was successful and i am over the moon :clap:

S

shosh

ACCOUNT CLOSED
oh my goodness, i am so pleased for you! what an ordeal. I am glad it was a success :)

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I missed your thread, i'm so sorry, i was about to say that not hearing from them yet i think is good news, as they seem to phone people who they have not got it, to check they can cope with the bad news.

But you have had the good news. Well done. I'm dreading that, hope i don't have to go through it ever.

S

Sophs50522

I missed your thread, i'm so sorry, i was about to say that not hearing from them yet i think is good news, as they seem to phone people who they have not got it, to check they can cope with the bad news.

But you have had the good news. Well done. I'm dreading that, hope i don't have to go through it ever.
Oh really ? Thank you so much i am so relieved. I've got a couple of years to try and get back on my feet now with no worries of forcing myself into work to support my family and making myself even more ill.
I hope you don't, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Do anyone know here if the (LCWRA) is similar process? I did read they do assessments too :low:

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hurrah! This is wonderful news! I am very happy for you. :)

S

Sophs50522

Hey all, DWP had rang today to say they are processing the backdated payment today. Do anyone here know how long that takes ?

Thank you.
And thank you all for your kind words. I am still in disbelief that I won the appeal.

I hope you all are okay on this miserable rainy day today :)