• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pills

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Now I am one to talk but please don't take any pills tonight. Maybe try and go a couple of days without having any except your prescribed doses and see if you feel any physically and mentally.

I know how hard it is to resist though :hug1:

Can you put them somewhere out of the way so it takes an effort to get them?

xxx

mami5

mami5

They're in a cupboard in the kitchen. Becoming hard to resist. Painkillers would rid the pain.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A safe dose then maybe but anything else will just make it worse.

xxx

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I really hope you can resist even just to see whether you feel better if you don't for a couple of days.

xxx

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can you put them somewhere you can't reach them, like the garden? And then go sit in a room with your dog?

Maybe force yourself to watch a tv programme for an hour, do it half hour by half hour if you need to.

When are your kids going to be home?

mami5

mami5

The dog is with me in the living room. I have tv on and am sort of watching it. Kids should be home on Tuesday at 7.00pm. Can't go on like this. Need the pills.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know how every hour can drag on when you are feeling this way :hug:

Tuesday is not that far off though, please try and hold on. xxx

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Please try and distract yourself. Please try and hold on. You will be doing DBT soon. Have you been looking at your DBT book. Sorry if I talking rubbish. I just want you to be ok:hug:

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can you just put a date limit on it for now - "I will not do anything until X date" then review how you are feeling then. You might be feeling different.

I don't know much of what has been going on for you, but if you are getting DBT it is meant to really help with those thoughts and feelings? So much could change for you, please don't go xxxx

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

You don't need to go. Please hold on mami. I know its not a reason but I would miss you loads:hug:

mami5

mami5

Did put a date to all this. It's tonight! DBT hasn't started yet. Still waiting. Don't trust myself right now. Told my CPN that I didn't.