Pilgrimage - to the Sea

shaky

shaky

I started a pilgrimage to walk to the sea along the stream that goes by my house (obviously it empties into a river before it gets there)

My pilgrimage was rudely interrupted when I was arrested on Section 136 by a policeman and taken to mental hospital
(As I described in another post)

Since then I've had to rethink my pilgrimage
But I refuse to give it up.

So now I am taking a different tack

It doesn't matter WHERE I walk
What matters is HOW I walk

So I am doing the pilgrimage by walking anywhere I want, rather than trying to follow the actual stream and river.
What matters is that when I walk I
a) Make it a formal walk on pilgrimage, not just going down the pub
b) Start it with the intention that this is pilgrimage and not just a walk
c) follow the prescriptions that I have been given for the pilgrimage
d) Record where and how far I went so that I can track how far I would have got had I followed the original route.

So far I have done 2 walks of this nature in places near where I live, taking a bus each time before starting the actual, official pilgrimage walking.
The weather has been ideal for me - in the high twenties centigrade, so I've had a really good time.
The second walk even included some skinny dipping in a river.
Wonderful!!
And being in water is totally appropirate to the point of this pilgrimage - since it all started by a call from the stream

I have now completed about 17 miles
Just another 103 (or so) to go!

shaky

shaky

I have bought a big scrapbook to record the journey: where I go; what I see and do; what effect it has on me spiritually.

When on spiritual work I prefer to avoid taking photos - so I've bought myself some nice colourful paper to make drawings instead that I can stick in the scrpbook

And although I've onlywalked on 3 days so far, I've got about 5 or 6 pages I've still got to prepare

But it's fun. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shaky Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 3