• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Pilgrimage - to the Sea

shaky

shaky

I started a pilgrimage to walk to the sea along the stream that goes by my house (obviously it empties into a river before it gets there)

My pilgrimage was rudely interrupted when I was arrested on Section 136 by a policeman and taken to mental hospital
(As I described in another post)

Since then I've had to rethink my pilgrimage
But I refuse to give it up.

So now I am taking a different tack

It doesn't matter WHERE I walk
What matters is HOW I walk

So I am doing the pilgrimage by walking anywhere I want, rather than trying to follow the actual stream and river.
What matters is that when I walk I
a) Make it a formal walk on pilgrimage, not just going down the pub
b) Start it with the intention that this is pilgrimage and not just a walk
c) follow the prescriptions that I have been given for the pilgrimage
d) Record where and how far I went so that I can track how far I would have got had I followed the original route.

So far I have done 2 walks of this nature in places near where I live, taking a bus each time before starting the actual, official pilgrimage walking.
The weather has been ideal for me - in the high twenties centigrade, so I've had a really good time.
The second walk even included some skinny dipping in a river.
Wonderful!!
And being in water is totally appropirate to the point of this pilgrimage - since it all started by a call from the stream

I have now completed about 17 miles
Just another 103 (or so) to go!

shaky

shaky

I have bought a big scrapbook to record the journey: where I go; what I see and do; what effect it has on me spiritually.

When on spiritual work I prefer to avoid taking photos - so I've bought myself some nice colourful paper to make drawings instead that I can stick in the scrpbook

And although I've onlywalked on 3 days so far, I've got about 5 or 6 pages I've still got to prepare

But it's fun. :)