• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Physically and mentally paralyzed by depression

D

Dodifer

Do you ever feel completely paralyzed physically and emotionally due to depression? I'm at a point where every physical movement is labored and exhausts me, mentally i can not think or attempt to try to make myself feel better. It is literally crippling and making my everyday completely and utterly miserable. At this point what is a person supposed to do?

M

ManDss

Ive feel like that, but mostly because so much time at home, without going out, or any activities, sleeping mess, and problems, made me phisically bad.

Depends on how bad you are, but its very difficult to brake the cycle.

I think its ok to take a time if you can. Sleep all you need, if you need to spend 3 days in the bed do it. Until you feel "ok" again, and start doing things again.

Break the cicle is very personal. Try to take a time off.

D

Dodifer

This happens every 3 to 4 months and can last anywhere from 3 days to 6months. Its a terrible cycle i can never seem to break even when I'm on medication it still happens.

M

ManDss

Do u know why this happens ? I mean, whats the motive.

M

Mistral

Yes I found I had this for about a month when I had been suffering from severe depression for several years. I had aches and pains all over and felt that physical movement was difficult. I went to the doctor about it. I got the impression that the doctor came across these symptoms quite often and that it was nothing to worry about. I told the doctor that I thought it might be just stress, which was not rebuffed by her. She gave me tablets for allergies but I thought they were really given to me as a placebo and I stopped taking them after a few days. I just looked after myself more with more rest and better nutrition.

That was quite a few years ago. I have not suffered from the symptoms again.

S

squizofrenia123

I felt like the op did at the beginning of my psychosis after being put on anti-psychotics. So, they put me on anti-depressants too and the fog lifted and turned into hypomania. Now, I get depressed a little but bounce back without problems.

Z

ZechariahElijah

Do you ever feel completely paralyzed physically and emotionally due to depression? I'm at a point where every physical movement is labored and exhausts me, mentally i can not think or attempt to try to make myself feel better. It is literally crippling and making my everyday completely and utterly miserable. At this point what is a person supposed to do?
I’m so sorry you are going through such a tough time. I’ve had plenty of periods of complete exhaustion (physically and mentally). When it’s like that every second becomes a fight. It’s really frustrating. Hang in there. I’m praying for you today.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Yes, I often feel completely paralyzed physically and emotionally due to depression. I wanted to take a walk yesterday, something I do every day, walking around six miles. It usually takes me around three hours to do (I rest and read a lot during my walks). After about 1.5 hours, I couldn't stand it anymore mentally, and my mood rapidly declined. I felt drained, and I needed to go home to go to bed. I had good intentions to walk, but my mood said otherwise. I hate that my mood can change so rapidly (I have bipolar depression). Going to bed is my saving grace.