• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Physical Violence

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Help :(

Had an awful upset last night/early hours of today. Our youngest teenager did not arrive home until after 2am, the party finished then!!

In the midst of me arguing/shouting at teenager,another adult got involved verbally and before I knew it I was hit in the chest for no reason? I was so shocked and a bit out of puff, I didn't know how to react other than threaten to call the police. I was 'told' if I did, that person would have me sectioned.

I barrackaded myself in my bedroom overnight for safety, but have never experienced anything like this before, and would really welcome some opinions as to what I 'should' have done?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Thats a horrible thing to happen and I first give you a hug:hug::hug:

I dont know you best action but I cannot see why you would get sectioned for another person assault. Can you ring the police and explain the incident

A

Apotheosis

If someone did that to me; I would break their jaw - no 2 ways about it. If your not that way inclined then do you know of anyone who would stand up for you? If not, then it would probably be best to report it, - sounds like discrimination, & it is assault.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I'm very sorry that you went through that experiance Libra1 and I hope you are feeling okay now.

I would have called the police but you say that you locked yourself in your room for safety so I assume the threats continued?

No one has the right to treat or speak to you in that manner and only a team of medical professionals can even think about sectioning anyone.

If the situation ever happens again I would be straight on the phone to the police.

:hug:

lucid scream

lucid scream

i'm sorry that happened to you, Libra. i personally am with Apotheosis, i'd have hurt them for thinking about it, but i know not everyone thinks that way.
i'd think they were just blowing smoke about the sectioning bit, you can't just get someone locked away by saying they did this or that, you have to satisfy at least one proffessional that you are a danger to yourself or others. thats how it is here, and i hope any semi-free state.
next time, call the police. this time, just spit in his food when he's not looking.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Help :(

Had an awful upset last night/early hours of today. Our youngest teenager did not arrive home until after 2am, the party finished then!!

In the midst of me arguing/shouting at teenager,another adult got involved verbally and before I knew it I was hit in the chest for no reason? I was so shocked and a bit out of puff, I didn't know how to react other than threaten to call the police. I was 'told' if I did, that person would have me sectioned.

I barrackaded myself in my bedroom overnight for safety, but have never experienced anything like this before, and would really welcome some opinions as to what I 'should' have done?
Sorry you went through this Libra :hug:
How are you feeling now ? Does teenager know what stress they have caused ?
If it were me i would report it.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi Libra
I hope that last night has been a better night.
You have the right to be safe in your own home.The police may not always be the most sympathetic but they should have trained staff in dealing with domestic violence and you should be able to speak to some one and get support without necessarily having to press charges.
The main thing is to be safe.
Hope it all works out for you.
KP:hug:

D

Dollit

I'd like to comment on this as far as to say that physical violence is never a solution. But there are other questions that I'm curious to know the answer to but not on open forum. If you want to pm Libra then do.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Libra,

I do hope your ok today. As already been said on here , you cannot get sectioned for threatening to call the police. This was an assault and if you have the courage phne the police and ask them to log the incident and if you have any bruising go to the GP and they will note it on your medical records.:hug:

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi everyone and many thanks for your concern/opinions as I had asked for.

I was a bit shook up and shaky yesterday, and really did not know what to do for best, that is why I asked. If I could have cried I would.

I am ok today thanks, and quite angry with myself and the person, but anger changes nothing. After much thought today, I have decided to contact my local police and make a general inquiry about domestic violence, as it has never happened before, I just did not know what to do. I am not really sure if the police will intervene in a domestic situation, but I suppose there is no harm in asking.

Will keep you all posted.

:hug::hug::hug: to everyone :hug::hug::hug:

D

Dollit

Police will intervene and take it seriously. I can recommend you maybe first talking to your beat manager who tend to be friendly people and ask their advice. xx

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi Libra1,

I'm glad you are feeling better today :)

I would consider reporting this or enquiring about what the best action to take may be with the beat officer at your local police station.

Good luck with everything :hug:

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your kind words, suggestions and opinions I asked for :clap:

Will keep you all posted :)
xx

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
How are thing's now Libra1 ?