Physical symptoms

C

Cmo90

Hi there,

I've been suffering with what is believed to be anxiety/stress/worry for just over a year and a few months and just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences and advise ? I'm 29 year old Male with no history of any mental health or anxiety.

The problems all started in December 2017 when I was driving home from work and I started to feel unusual, I had chest pains, and just felt generally unwell. Around the time of this all happening I had 2 bad episodes of Gastritis, I also was drinking lots of red bull and taking pre workout supplements for the gym. I was also under a lot of pressure at work and a close family member had an illness which caused a lot of distress.

Since then I have been to the doctors and hospital multiple times, I've had an ECG which was clear, an MRI scan that came back clear, seen an optmothologist, ENT , endocrinologist and numerous blood tests which all where healthy.

My main symptoms which are pretty much 24/7 on a daily basis:

Fuzzy/blurry vision

Strange tingly/electricity feeling in my arms

Empty stomach feeling like I need to constantly eat, if I dont eat I start to feel weak, cold, shaky

Exhausted from exercise, I used to be able to go to the gym 5 times a week, now if I go I feel very weak after working out and horrendous afterwards, again feeling like I need to eat

Brain fog / lack of concentration at work which isn't helped by the blurred vision

Tinnitus and rining in ears

Trembly and shaky

Chest pain and heart palpitations which sometimes lead to panic attacks

Light sensitivity

My symptoms seem to mainly be physical, which is what I believe is causing the anxiety, I am worried about the way I am feeling, so I think I may be caught in a vicious circle.

Its having a serious effect on both my personnel and work life, I am still managing to get to work everyday but it is a struggle, I feel like when I'm at work I'm putting on a front, on the outside I look fine but on the inside it's a constant battle.

M

missme

I really feel for you. I remember experiencing these symptoms also. I still have tinnitus. I felt on edge allot of the time and it was like feeling wired up..... It got so bad that I actually started to Pace! I think it helpful to breathe deeply. I Tried to find something that relaxed me, like taking baths, listening to relaxing music. I would suggest trying to increase the healthy fats in the diet. Take care

C

Cmo90

I really feel for you. I remember experiencing these symptoms also. I still have tinnitus. I felt on edge allot of the time and it was like feeling wired up..... It got so bad that I actually started to Pace! I think it helpful to breathe deeply. I Tried to find something that relaxed me, like taking baths, listening to relaxing music. I would suggest trying to increase the healthy fats in the diet. Take care
Really sorry to hear you experienced the same symptoms. :(

Thanks for the advice, I have started some breathing exercises, mindfulness and trying to get more exercise in (Despite it wiping me out)

How are you feeling now?

M

missme

Very kind of you to ask! Thank you! I'm at a point in my life, that I have been well for about three years, but of course, one must always be vigilant and do the things that help keep me well. I found those strategies that you mention, help me allot in the past.
I'm happy to help, but I found in recovery, each person, must find their own answer and what works for them. We may all have many suggestions, but we are all different and our illness affects us in different ways. You can do this! I believe very much, that you will get there!