• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Physical symptoms when not anxious or worrying?

47char63

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
This is my first post and I was wondering about other peoples physical symptoms that aren't the typical 'anxiety/panic attack symptoms'.
I've had bad health anxiety for the past 2 years that comes in phases as well as a little general anxiety in between. It will start with a little ache, pain or different body sensation that will slightly worry me then after a few weeks it manifests and takes over my life convincing me I'm going to die. Eventually after a few weeks or months I'll slowly stop worrying and will get over it until the next thing I find. I was just wondering, does anyone get like this too? Instead of anxiety that is constantly there? I seem to have permanent physical symptoms like pins and needles and a woozy/spaced out feeling and in the past 2 weeks muscle twitches and jerks even though I've been feeling absolutely fine. Is it possible to still be having these physical anxiety symptoms if I'm not even feeling anxious at the moment?? The muscle twitching isn't really worrying me just now but I know it's a matter of time before it will

Z

Zoe1

hi char

my take on that is that you might be a bit isolated
do you find anyone to talk to
people you can phone regularly ?

:grouphug: 🎼 🕯 🐢

47char63

hi char

my take on that is that you might be a bit isolated
do you find anyone to talk to
people you can phone regularly ?

:grouphug: 🎼 🕯 🐢
Hi there, thanks for the reply.
I'm pretty bad at opening up and talking to people but very recently have got better and have been able to talk to my boyfriend about what's been going on in my head. And only in the last week or so I've been messaging a few friends and family and finally opened up and told them I've been suffering with anxiety badly for a while now

Z

Zoe1

oh thats good Char

if you keep opening up like that
you my might find the obsessive things will go down a bit
ive lost some of mine
while some of them havent gone yet

🎼

47char63

oh thats good Char

if you keep opening up like that
you my might find the obsessive things will go down a bit
ive lost some of mine
while some of them havent gone yet

🎼
Yeah I think that's why I've been feeling well the past few weeks. It's been like a literal weight off my shoulders properly speaking to my boyfriend and even just letting everyone else know I'm having issues as I've never told them until now.
Its nice to hear others can get over some of their obsessions and hopefully we can find ways to help get over them all

S

seagirl

I just posted something similar to this. I actually thought your question was mine! Haha. I get strong heart beats throughout the day and shortness of breathe. I've been checked out by my Dr. and cardiologist so it must be anxiety. Just go get a physical workup so that will ease a part of your worry. Its so weird and actually interesting how the mind can manifest these very real physical symptoms. You need to fully realize that it is what you have taught yourself to feel with the wrong kind of thoughts. What helped me was reading a book on anxiety...there are so many! I also listen to guided meditation. "Honest Guys" on YouTube are great! Best of luck!

47char63

I just posted something similar to this. I actually thought your question was mine! Haha. I get strong heart beats throughout the day and shortness of breathe. I've been checked out by my Dr. and cardiologist so it must be anxiety. Just go get a physical workup so that will ease a part of your worry. Its so weird and actually interesting how the mind can manifest these very real physical symptoms. You need to fully realize that it is what you have taught yourself to feel with the wrong kind of thoughts. What helped me was reading a book on anxiety...there are so many! I also listen to guided meditation. "Honest Guys" on YouTube are great! Best of luck!
Hey, thanks for the reply!
Yeah it really is crazy what your mind is capable of! I still have a very hard time convincing myself though that some symptoms are anxiety. I don't often get the 'classic' anxiety symptoms like racing heart etc which makes me doubt if it's anxiety at all! I think I'm just more of a permanent worrier which kicks everything off.
I'll definately have a listen to your recommendation too, thankyou :)