• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Physical pain

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
It's been my profound experience with extreme back (disc) pain that morphine does work. It does NOT take the pain away,...it "simply" makes one feel like " who gives a darn". The pain is a warning that something needs fixing! and not with drugs.
I want to warn people about taking too many paracetamol or anything else for pain. Read the enclosed directions!
Overdose is very easy and very painful. Please! Be careful with pain meds of all sorts,...prescribed or otherwise.
From me to you. :)

J

jamesdean

When I was admitted to hospital the other week one of the suggestions was my pain relief had I been taking to much and it scarred me a little amungst all the other suggestions but when I had my operation about a month ago I have known so much pain relief to be so avaliable,which believe me I tried not to accept some of it but obviously I did have some morphine etc because I was in terriffic pain from surgery.

A

Ainsworth

i got addicted to pain killers after a knee injury, you dont realise how easy it is to fall into.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Amen to you both

Why do the best pain killers lead to addiction anyway? what is the reason? I'm not a pharmacologist so I don't know.
I am glad that there are fysiotherapists who understand pain and why it occurs and how to help get rid of it!!!

Pain...such a short word. And such long agony. It can change your personality.

Last edited:
Q

quality factor

Yes ms_P mood can have an effect on personality from my experience.

It also affect mood. I have had pain for the past week and it has contributed to my mood being lower than it was in the first place.

QF.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D When emotions turn to physical pain Mental Health Experiences 1
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING!!! Discusses long term physical abuse and SA*** My abusive mom is forcing me to forgive and make up with my abusive brother Mental Health Experiences 2
S Physical contact Mental Health Experiences 1
M Physical Symptoms Mental Health Experiences 1
I undiagnosed and cant take being invalidated anymore (TW:self harm, suicide attempts, blood, mentions of emotional abuse + neglect and physical abuse) Mental Health Experiences 1
H Physical Exercise Mental Health Experiences 1
jajingna Depression and anxiety are physical illnesses also Mental Health Experiences 19
P Physical reactions to anxiety/feeling overwhelmed? Mental Health Experiences 2
V Physical Effects of Anxiety Mental Health Experiences 2
J I'm pretty sures it's a physical health problem I have Mental Health Experiences 6
M I was the victim of a physical crime 2 hours ago Mental Health Experiences 2
Carol1952 Does a physical illness make your anxieties worse? Mental Health Experiences 5
D I need a Physical Contact with Dr. Breggin (Is it possible)? [HELP] Mental Health Experiences 4
LORD BURT What are your thoughts on physical appearance, attractiveness, vanity etc? Mental Health Experiences 18
Luci Mental or physical illness? Mental Health Experiences 3
M Anxiety daily physical symptoms Mental Health Experiences 3
M Mention emotional/physical numbness at health center? Mental Health Experiences 3
T My mandatory annual physical Mental Health Experiences 1
M Can physical injury unconsciously or unknowingly be traumatic to a person? Mental Health Experiences 7
S Talking about mental health vs physical health Mental Health Experiences 7
T Physical and verbal assault Mental Health Experiences 2
Solitude1 Mentality/Physical situation Mental Health Experiences 2
W Swallowing trouble: physical or OCD-related? Mental Health Experiences 2
T Are physical issues related to psychological problems? Mental Health Experiences 5
N Physical ailments, type 2 Diabetes and run down mentally.Can anyone help? Mental Health Experiences 14
cpuusage Mental illness, addiction & most chronic physical illness is the result of childhood loss & trauma Mental Health Experiences 9
B Physical symptoms as trigger Mental Health Experiences 1
CastingShadows Physical emotions Mental Health Experiences 3
Ineedhelp2921 In a lot of pain Mental Health Experiences 2
N I have clinical dep (i can't write the full world as my computer blocks it out). I just want my pain to be over Mental Health Experiences 2
S Chest pain Mental Health Experiences 4
M Throat Pain Mental Health Experiences 13
B Same pain every year for 14 years Mental Health Experiences 3
jajingna Emotional pain Mental Health Experiences 6
G Severe head pain feels like brain is bleeding Mental Health Experiences 2
C Strong emotional pain upper chest Mental Health Experiences 4
Ritual Abuse Survivor Dealing pain with pain to survive Mental Health Experiences 3
Z lovely pain meds Mental Health Experiences 5
S Like the feeling of pain ? Mental Health Experiences 4
F The pain of being love starved Mental Health Experiences 11
T Pain relief Mental Health Experiences 2
M Nobody understands our pain Mental Health Experiences 19
S in too much pain , sat here in tears Mental Health Experiences 5
little rose in pain Mental Health Experiences 5
H I'm in pain Mental Health Experiences 5
little rose chronic trauma and the pain Mental Health Experiences 1
S horribly depressed again , too down , too much pain Mental Health Experiences 12
S it's too painful and unfair, can't do pain no more Mental Health Experiences 1
skitzofrantik Only wanting pain in xxxl portions Mental Health Experiences 1
valleygirl Does the pain and fear of abandonment ever go away? Mental Health Experiences 4