• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Physical pain

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
It's been my profound experience with extreme back (disc) pain that morphine does work. It does NOT take the pain away,...it "simply" makes one feel like " who gives a darn". The pain is a warning that something needs fixing! and not with drugs.
I want to warn people about taking too many paracetamol or anything else for pain. Read the enclosed directions!
Overdose is very easy and very painful. Please! Be careful with pain meds of all sorts,...prescribed or otherwise.
From me to you. :)

J

jamesdean

When I was admitted to hospital the other week one of the suggestions was my pain relief had I been taking to much and it scarred me a little amungst all the other suggestions but when I had my operation about a month ago I have known so much pain relief to be so avaliable,which believe me I tried not to accept some of it but obviously I did have some morphine etc because I was in terriffic pain from surgery.

A

Ainsworth

i got addicted to pain killers after a knee injury, you dont realise how easy it is to fall into.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Amen to you both

Why do the best pain killers lead to addiction anyway? what is the reason? I'm not a pharmacologist so I don't know.
I am glad that there are fysiotherapists who understand pain and why it occurs and how to help get rid of it!!!

Pain...such a short word. And such long agony. It can change your personality.

Last edited:
Q

quality factor

Yes ms_P mood can have an effect on personality from my experience.

It also affect mood. I have had pain for the past week and it has contributed to my mood being lower than it was in the first place.

QF.