• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Physical pain from depression

C

childofkali

Hello, does anyone also suffer from tinnitus in your depression? My depression is so bad, in terms of physical and mental pain, that the medication I'm taking can only partially give me relief. Without the medication I'm literally unable to function as the stomach pain is too strong. That together with the tinnitus and negative invasive thoughts make it unbearable, Thanks to the meds, I find some relief, but the tinnitus is still there as well as the pressure in my chest. Those things just keep on reminding me that the underlying depression is still there. It makes me super anxious...Anyone experienced something similar? If so, how long were you able to cope with it? Did the pain ever go away?

B

BeStrong2020

I haven't anxious tinnitus but I have experienced chest pain caused by anxiety , I'm sorry for what you are experiencing now and hope you will get better soon :(

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello, does anyone also suffer from tinnitus in your depression? My depression is so bad, in terms of physical and mental pain, that the medication I'm taking can only partially give me relief. Without the medication I'm literally unable to function as the stomach pain is too strong. That together with the tinnitus and negative invasive thoughts make it unbearable, Thanks to the meds, I find some relief, but the tinnitus is still there as well as the pressure in my chest. Those things just keep on reminding me that the underlying depression is still there. It makes me super anxious...Anyone experienced something similar? If so, how long were you able to cope with it? Did the pain ever go away?
I have experienced joint pain when severely depressed. Once the depression lifted I felt better but it took some time.

A

AppletreeConfusion

Yeah, I know what you mean... in recent years the emotional pain is like a vice around my chest and stomach - the pain is physical. The tinnitus is a side effect of medication, but actually I found that increasing the dose actually stopped the physical pain to an extent, but its a trade off with the additional side effects and could just be very severe depression casuing actual physical tightness in the chest and stomach. I know its real tough living with this.

C

childofkali

Yeah, I know what you mean... in recent years the emotional pain is like a vice around my chest and stomach - the pain is physical. The tinnitus is a side effect of medication, but actually I found that increasing the dose actually stopped the physical pain to an extent, but its a trade off with the additional side effects and could just be very severe depression casuing actual physical tightness in the chest and stomach. I know its real tough living with this.
Hello AppletreeConfusion, Thank you for your reply.

Well, my tinnitus appeared together with the depression, before I went on medication. Have you been on medication for a long time? I hate having to take antidepressants, because I know they just work as a plaster to the wound. I dunno....I feel terrible and just not sure it's worth hanging on if one faces the same daily terror and suffering. I feel scared.

Pretty Dragons

Pretty Dragons

I have tinnitus and physical pain as well! My pain has a know source ( car accident) but I know that when my depression and anxiety are high my pain is so much worse!
Silly question, do you take aspirin, excedrin, or anything similar on a regular basis? I know that those can cause or worsen tinnitus.

C

childofkali

I have tinnitus and physical pain as well! My pain has a know source ( car accident) but I know that when my depression and anxiety are high my pain is so much worse!
Silly question, do you take aspirin, excedrin, or anything similar on a regular basis? I know that those can cause or worsen tinnitus.
Hi Pretty Dragons. Thanks for your message.
No, I don't take any aspirin or similar on a regular basis...hmm...
The depression, tinnitus and anxiety have a spiritual root in my case. Just wish I could exit this painful state.

A

AppletreeConfusion

Hello AppletreeConfusion, Thank you for your reply.

Well, my tinnitus appeared together with the depression, before I went on medication. Have you been on medication for a long time? I hate having to take antidepressants, because I know they just work as a plaster to the wound. I dunno....I feel terrible and just not sure it's worth hanging on if one faces the same daily terror and suffering. I feel scared.
Yes, my tinnitus started after adding quitiapine to my antidepressant and persisted once this was changed to mirtazepine. I have no idea what the cause is but it's annoying and increases with stress and anxiety.

I mean yeah, it's like a persistent bad emotion that saps my physical energy also and makes it hard to concentrate and makes can make me bad tempered because of the pain. No medications have helped for much time. Only thing might be ECT along with improved external circumstances, I think it's just my emptions have kind of become so messed up from setbacks and emotional abuse of various kinds so mt perception and emotipns are wrecked and dysfunctional. Even during normally pleasurable activities it's like I couldn't easily process it and still I'm in emotional pain. I think I need to reset it somehow tbh. I'm ok, I get by, but it is a pain, then I have the loneliness also.