Physical health

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Let's discuss physical health too. What are your, thoughts, tips, tricks, and questions about physical health? Anything from diet to exercise? Of course we have to talk to our doctors about diet and exercise programs. Please share. Let the topic begin.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Any tips or tricks about weight loss including diet and exercise?

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

What are all of the weight neutral medications?

Any medications that don't kill sex drive?

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I have a very good diet. My problem is with exercise. For years the drugs made exercise a problem. So I avoided exercise because of the pain I would get from it. The drugs made me age rapidly. I am not where I'd be physically had I done Hatha Yoga instead of pills. Now I have to exercise anyway to stop the physical pain and it is a challenge to stay positive and not fearful. All the people around me say they were helped by physical therapy and I wondered why it didn't work for me. Well, it was ME. I wasn't dealing with the physical pain properly. I would always quit. Hide away like a wounded animal.

Last edited:
R_Sxo

R_Sxo

My problems with physical health used to be widespread - breathing difficulty, overweight, etc. I was lucky enough to fight through the lows, and made a good recovery - for that, I'm always grateful for the life I could have endured or perhaps even lost. Now I don't even get colds much at all :)

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I want to be healthier. I have high cholesterol and pre diabetes.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

I want to be healthier. I have high cholesterol and pre diabetes.
To cut cholesterol, remove or reduce nuts, crisps, fast food, junk food, soft drinks etc. When you say high cholesterol, it is likely that your LDL cholesterol is high. You can increase HDL (which may be on the low side) by consuming green tea and avocadoes, and being more active - at least 60 mins a day is recommended! <3

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

I need to lose weight. I hate being fat!
I would suggest getting a calorie counter or tracker and measure how much you're taking in each day to get a sense of how much you'll need to cut to lose weight. Remember, weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, so please don't starve yourself thinking that it'll work - you'll end up losing muscle instead of fat this way!

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Thanks for all your useful tips R_Sxo! :hug: I wanna lose fat and build muscle. I even considered steroids for my body building. I'm gonna hit the weights hard tomorrow. And the street walking. My calf and arms are finally healed so I think I can. What calorie counter do you recommend?

W

Waverunner

Protein helps build muscle. Stay away from the steroids, they bring with it a load of health issues and that is not your goal. Eat right and exercise and you can still achieve your goal.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Thanks for all your useful tips R_Sxo! :hug: I wanna lose fat and build muscle. I even considered steroids for my body building. I'm gonna hit the weights hard tomorrow. And the street walking. My calf and arms are finally healed so I think I can. What calorie counter do you recommend?
I used MyNetDiary, but MyFitnessPal is pretty popular. Sometimes the app doesn't have information for more niche cuisines, but you can input information from the internet to track calories, weight loss, water and macronutrients.