• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Physical Health and Spirituality

shaky

shaky

I have had a long illness, from Mid-December to end of Febraury
Then I got a cold

I have hardly done any spiritual practice apart from my brief morning ritual each day.

I think that those who are physically unwell are not 'ready' to partake in spiritual matters. Spiritual work requires a healthy body. The body needs to be healthy as resources are required for connection to the world of spirit.
It reminds me that people who are ill do not have to fast during Ramadan.

shaky

shaky

I also see that while I have been ill my mental state has been stable.
Not manic and yet not depressed either. Not psychotic.

Unexpected. I would have thought I would get depressed.

It makes me think that perhaps there is a connection between my unstable mental world and the world of spirit.
So while I have been ill I have been rooted in the physical world with no connection to spirit and so my mind has been stable.

shaky

shaky

Today my cold seems to have ebbed away again.

I stand here writing feeling calm and ready for spiritual work.
Feel like I may be on the verge of something important

but as is so often the case when I feel like this
it is bed time.
:unsure:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Heart_moon Physical items 'disappear', turn up later out of the blue in strange places Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 4
cpuusage Childhood Psychological Abuse Is Sometimes More Harmful than Sexual or Physical Abuse Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 4
cpuusage Body/Mind/Soul - Spirit/Psyche/Physical view of Reality Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 5
Hardknocks88 "Matt's Happy Fantasy dreamland Mental Health Techique" Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 2
Z A different approach to mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 4
cpuusage The National Spirituality and Mental Health Forum (UK) Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage Inventing Mental Health First Aid: The Problem of Psychocentrism Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage Inspirational links connected with spirituality & healing in relation to mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
BrianHorlicks Jesus Christ 'may have suffered from mental health problems', claims Church of England Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 16
cpuusage Emotional Strategies and Skills for Aspiring Mental Health Workers Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 2
BrianHorlicks ITroubled Souls: Spirituality as a Mental Health Hazard Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 2
cpuusage The punk counsellor using his DIY ethic to promote mental health and wellbeing Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 3
cpuusage Mend the Gap: A New Hope for Mental Health. Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 13
cpuusage 9 Sacred Shamanic Herbs For Radiant Health and Powerful Healing Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage Happiness depends on health and friends, not money, says new study Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 2
cpuusage Study Finds Sexist Attitudes Linked to Poor Mental Health in Men Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 4
cpuusage How the Technologically-Immersive Culture is Wrecking Our Youths Health & Well-Being Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 6
cpuusage Shocking general attitudes to mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 5
cpuusage Catholic view on spirituality in mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 2
cpuusage Opening A Dialogue In Mental Health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage An Alternative Form of Mental Health Care Gains a Foothold Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage Knowledge frameworks in medicine and health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 3
cpuusage Psychologists and Psychiatrists Approach Mental Health Differently Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 6
cpuusage Mental health is not a function of the individual Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
F Psychology and Mental Health: Beyond Nature and Nurture Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
W Ramadan Mubarak! (mental health and Ramadan) Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 3
cpuusage A fresh approach to mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
CrazySteff95 The Connection Between Mental Health & I.Q. - Questionnaire Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 5
cpuusage Dabney Alix on Spirituality, Shamanism and Mental Health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 8
J Discouraged and confused about mental health options Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage An Ethnography of Mental Health Care and Moral Agency Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 3
BrianHorlicks 'Spiritual' people at higher risk of mental health problems. Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 34
cpuusage The health crisis of mental health stigma Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 3
S The link between nutrition and mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 25
cpuusage Is Work Really Good For Your Health? Probably Not If You’re Sick, Disabled Or Poor Says DWP Research Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 49
cpuusage Open Dialogue: The radical new treatment having life-changing effects on people's mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 68
Gajolene Many parents 'never talk about mental health' to children Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 10
cpuusage Lunacy, Crazy Indians and the Witch’s Hammer: Mental Health Care as Oppression Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 2
cpuusage Differences & similarities within mental health expereinces? Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 12
cpuusage The UK National Health Service Peer-Supported Open Dialogue Project Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 5
cpuusage Re-imagining Mental Health Care Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 10
Kerome Negative spiritual beliefs associated with worse mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 5
F Does psychoanalysis have a role in modern mental health care? Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 12
Kerome What does 'spiritual health' mean to you? Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 126
cpuusage What if ACEs (Adverse Childhood Events) Were the Basis of Mental Health Treatment? Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 5
cpuusage Mental health: why we're all sick under neoliberalism Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
amathus Misconceptions about mental health and mental illness -Article Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
Kerome Buddhist perspectives on mental health Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage Impossible Choices: Thinking about mental health issues from a Buddhist Perspective Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1
cpuusage Evolving A New Paradigm: The Spirituality And Mental Health Breakthrough Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 1