• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Physical Feelings to Invisible Illness

Blackdog69

Blackdog69

Been in the depths of depression and anxiety for the best part of two weeks. Interested to see if the physical feelings I get are the same for others or unique for me....For me the left side of my face is always effected never the right side, head feels as if its being surpressed \ engulfed...at times my body gets very itchy..right leg from knee up its like its got pins n needles tender to touch....Anybody have these symptoms or something different....:(:cry:

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

i dont have these symptoms but in my opinion you should go to the doctors xoxox

Agatha

Agatha

Been in the depths of depression and anxiety for the best part of two weeks. Interested to see if the physical feelings I get are the same for others or unique for me....For me the left side of my face is always effected never the right side, head feels as if its being surpressed \ engulfed...at times my body gets very itchy..right leg from knee up its like its got pins n needles tender to touch....Anybody have these symptoms or something different....:(:cry:
Sometimes my head feels big and heavy but I don't have the rest of your symptoms. I'd see a doctor if I were you. You may have a physical illness as well as the depression and anxiety. They often go hand in hand. All the best to you.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

The head thing I can relate to, and I can relate to the itching too but then again I suffer from eczema which seems to get triggered by my emotional distress.

As others have said, I think it's important to see a doctor though to rule out any physical causes.
Was wondering also how your circulation is and if you've had a previous injury to your right knee/leg? Might explain some of what you're experiencing.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Physical side of depression Depression Forum 9
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING: SA, physical abuse*** what's the point to live when everyone trying to kill me? Depression Forum 8
O Chronic Depression & Anxiety now leading to physical problems! Depression Forum 10
K Getting so down causing actual physical pain/damage Depression Forum 5
LostNorthernStar Physical Symptoms of Depression & Anxiety? Depression Forum 12
sunset547544 Physical Pain & Depression Depression Forum 7
M Physical affection Depression Forum 12
L Depression due to stunted physical development Depression Forum 1
C Physical pain from depression Depression Forum 7
T Question - Does depression have any physical symptoms? Depression Forum 5
S Depression and anxiety affecting physical appearance Depression Forum 26
C Physical reaction to counselling? Depression Forum 3
G Had a terrible fight with my brother *warning physical Depression Forum 4
S Depression turning physical?! Depression Forum 3
G Physical Symptoms of Depression & Anxiety Depression Forum 2
P What You Eat Can Affect Mental Health, Physical health? Depression Forum 2
E So sad its physical Depression Forum 1
R Overcoming physical symptoms Depression Forum 4
cpuusage Is depression a mental or physical illness? Unravelling the inflammation hypothesis Depression Forum 1
cpuusage Scientists say they've identified the physical source of depression in the brain Depression Forum 1
cpuusage Inflammation Now Being Recognized as the Physical Cause of Depression Depression Forum 2
amathus 5 physical signs you may be depressed. (Article) Depression Forum 1
B can depression cause Physical Pain, any ideas? Depression Forum 4
M Physical Symptoms of Depression Depression Forum 10
V physical Depression Forum 1
C Emotional pain and Physical Depression Forum 5
D Do you get physical symptoms too? Depression Forum 7
B Physical and Emotional pain! Depression Forum 6
G Physical depression? Depression Forum 8
T Physical condition bringing me down, could do with someone to talk about it. Depression Forum 3
F A lack of physical symptoms makes depression harder to bear Depression Forum 1
KittyCat92 Thoughts and feelings. *Trigger Warning* Depression Forum 42
FallingLeaves Family feelings on suicide Depression Forum 11
J Unwanted feelings Depression Forum 4
justasimplecat I don’t belong anywhere... TW: mentions bullying, rape, suicidal feelings. Depression Forum 7
I What do you guys do, about loneliness feelings? Depression Forum 14
DistantOcean What songs resonate with your depressed feelings? Depression Forum 7
J Does anyone find it hard to express their feelings. Depression Forum 12
Signofthetimes Core Feelings and beliefs vs thoughts Depression Forum 20
DistantOcean Coping with suicidal thoughts and feelings Depression Forum 3
Signofthetimes Just feelings... Depression Forum 7
kimidare How to talk about depressed feelings ? Depression Forum 5
Q Feeling as if my feelings are all in my head Depression Forum 2
C Overwhelming feelings of loneliness and depression, considering suicide Depression Forum 10
D Depressed because of social anxiety, thinking about suicide to escape the feelings Depression Forum 8
C Seeking Advice on Dealing With Intense Feelings That Come With Depression or Art Depression Forum 6
B Feel guilty for my feelings Depression Forum 9
S What are feelings? Depression Forum 37
Y What's normal/happy feelings? Depression Forum 1
Narutaku Feelings of shame/fear/guilt/isolation after being victim of violent crime. Depression Forum 4