• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Physical effects of meds

wollie

wollie

Yesterday I found out that I have low blood pressure, I have spoken to my pdoc and he says yes it is the meds, so I have to decide either to stop taking them at the risk of serious MH problems, or have another pill to bring my blood pressure up, I suppose it's a no brainer really but I don't want to mess with my heart, I just don't know what to do. :low:

Z

Zoe1

sorry to hear that Wollie

n yeah I know this kind of issue
I would say if you are trying a change of meds
you might want to think about what support you will put in place
while going through the transition

because I would feel weird
I would be contacting local mental health resources
in advance until I feel I'm going to be safe

:grouphug: 🎼

B

baba yaga

Founding Member
I have felt fairly well for most of the time well during lockdown, so I decided to slowly reduce Venlafaxine -- because I am really not happy with the side effects, especially being tired all the time. Reduced carefully over a couple of months by small amounts. But yesterday afternoon I found myself in a terrible state. I don't know what set this off if it wasn't the reduction of the medication.

I tried to contact the local services, but they are so stretched in the current situation that it was difficult to get through on the phone -- so I rang a lot of other people -- Samaritans, local helpline, a couple of friends.....Finally I did get through to a CPN who was helpful.
Decided to take a bit more of the Venla -- not the whole lot -- and reduce even more slowly after that. Just pray it will work, don't know what else I can do.

Zoe I like your slogan -- yes, we are good enough just as we are -- if only we can persuade ourselves to remember that! And Wollie, I hope you find a solution to this.

B

baba yaga

Founding Member
Sorry shouldn't have written on this didn't notice it was hearing voices forum I don't hear voices

R

Rabbit777

Worry how the meds will effect my health as well. Need to find meds that work so that it’s worth it. Have an appointment in 5 days. Don’t know if I’m gonna switch meds again or if they’ll try to up my dosage again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Hearing Voices Forum 16