Physical effects of anxiety

T

TinyWeeMouse

Hi Folks,

I have been suffering from anxiety (this time round) for nearly two weeks now. Today is the first day that I have felt happier and more in control. I feel like I'm getting somewhere mentally and most of my physical symptoms have gone (fuzzy brain, extreme tiredness etc) but I still seem to have a bit of a dodgy tummy and have done for about 3 days. I don't think it's any other illness, I think it's related to my anxiety. Sorry if that's too much information. Does anyone else find that the physical symptoms hang around a little longer than the mental ones?

somedaymaybe

somedaymaybe

For me, I think it's more the mental symptoms because I'm such an over-thinker; anxiety just increases this and my mind never quietens. But I do still have the physical symptoms, such as upset stomach, the shakes, sweats etc, though I don't believe they've ever lasted longer than a day after having had an anxious episode. Everyone is different though, and I wouldn't be too concerned about it; it'll subside. :)

J

Jules5

Thank God their is relief and it is not a forever thing with physical symptoms. I go into these crisises modes where I just freeze up and as it slowly goes away I still have tightness throughout my body. that does eventually go away. only lately have I been feeling extremely chaotic. I hate these feelings. Hugs to all

T

TinyWeeMouse

Thanks folks. I see that there are now some handy links below too :)