• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

S

Steff1990

I don’t feel all symptoms at the same time. Today my head is thumping, my ears feel full, slight ringing which is coming and going and in general I feel completely exhausted. I have no motivation to do a single thing. I worry about all the more serious things so much, my health anxiety is through the roof
I get all of these symptoms and more. I feel your pain 🤗 sometimes I try and switch off with some meditation but it's pot luck whether it works. But sometimes it just helps take your mind off of the anxiety for a while.

N

navhealth

Yes! Definitely a symptom. I actually went to a physio for weeks because they thought I had a trapped nerve. And it wasn't improving at all. I also had neck and shoulder pain but apparently this goes with having anxiety and tense muscles etc. Sometimes I get numbness in my fingers too but I have had where my whole arm feels numb. It's a very strange thing.
Can i ask how long the numbness last for you.. Mine has been on and off since friday.

S

Steff1990

Can i ask how long the numbness last for you.. Mine has been on and off since friday.
Honestly I'm not 100% sure but probably on and off for a few days. Then it was fine then it came back and so on. I try and tell myself when it happens that it's nothing and it's just my body reacting to anxiety. I've tried doing some stretches and things to help ease it. Just know it'll be your mind and not actually anything wrong. It's not a nice feeling is it.

N

navhealth

Honestly I'm not 100% sure but probably on and off for a few days. Then it was fine then it came back and so on. I try and tell myself when it happens that it's nothing and it's just my body reacting to anxiety. I've tried doing some stretches and things to help ease it. Just know it'll be your mind and not actually anything wrong. It's not a nice feeling is it.
no it isn't its really driving me crazy. This lockdown has just caused all this.

I was very physically active before that then all off a sudden it stopped and ruined my routine. Sleep gym sports work all ruined.

These physical problems seem to be the trigger now for me. very unpleasent. Tomorrow i am going for a jog to see if it will help.

S

Steff1990

no it isn't its really driving me crazy. This lockdown has just caused all this.

I was very physically active before that then all off a sudden it stopped and ruined my routine. Sleep gym sports work all ruined.

These physical problems seem to be the trigger now for me. very unpleasent. Tomorrow i am going for a jog to see if it will help.
Exercise im sure will help! Hopefully it does, fingers crossed.