• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

D

Diggit

Hi
I go through low and high moods. When I posted my symptoms I was quite low. I still have the same symptoms, they haven't really gone away, possibly lessened slightly. What I have been doing though is just saying to myself "oh, that's the anxiety pain/twitch/burning, Whatever!" And try to ignore it. Easier said than done but it then helps me not to overthink. Right now my upper left arm is burning and I have pins and needles on the left side of my neck up to my temple, quite normal for me.
I also do mindfulness periodically, I should probably do it every day.
I hope this helps
Yes, me too.
Highs and lows for sure.
The physical symptoms often seem on par with the psychological ones.
I did 20weeks of CBT but didn't get much from it although I think this was down to the person teaching it. It was disorganised and we didn't really click.
I know mindfulness comes up a lot. I've tried it but I think it's time I looked more into it. I've been taking so much medication for so long that I want to try and see what life is like without it.
I have been at my lowest while taking maximum doses of things so it can't be worse.
Thank you for your reply, it definitely helps and I think I may try mindfulness again. I certainly have the time now!

Thanks and I hope your symptoms ease up soon. I think you've got a good coping strategy there. All the best!

H

HPLUM1

Hey,

I'd like to find out what all physical symptoms you other anxiety sufferers have??

If there is already a post like this, then i apologise :(

Anyway, the reason that i am asking is that i experience various physical symptoms on a regular/constant basis. I am waiting to see the neurologist just to rule out any other cause of my symptoms, however i have a feeling that it will come back normal and i will be told its all in my head!!!

To start my symptom list is:

Dizziness/lightheaded
Problems with balance
Headaches
Blurry vision/double vision
Facial numbness
Palpitations
Chest and arm pain
Choking feeling/cant swallow
Pelvic pain
Tightness around rib cage - like a band crushing you
Numbness in legs and feet
Twitches
Tingling or crawling sensations
Pins and needles

Damn i didn't realise i had so many. They are not all present all the time but i would say that i experience most of a daily basis.

I used to experience severe panic attacks, but now i just have this elevated anxiety level! :unsure:

Thanks

Cas x :grouphug:
This is literally me and its agonising . I feel a constant pressure on my chest and cant concentrate! .I feel for you too. I cant wait to feel more like me again .

D

Dim

My daily symptoms are mainly on my left side which include but are not limited to
Burning in upper left arm
Tingling down my left leg and foot
Tingling in left side of face
Left eye ache/infrequent stab pain
Weakness in hands and feet. Sometimes all over
Jaw pain
Infrequent dizziness (never stumble or fall)
Brain fog
Cold feeling on left arm, left leg, left side of face, left knee
Pain in left side of neck
Muscle twitches
Either sleeping too much or hardly at all (tends to come in stages)
Have you done any medical exams ? I xan relate to you totally

Loobypie

Loobypie

Where do I start 😳

Panic attacks
Bad heart fluttering/palpitations (had ECG by paramedics and was normal)
Chest pain
Chest tightness
Chest numbness
Left arm and finger numbness
Extreme tiredness/fatigue
Trembling/shaking
Dizziness
Lightheaded
Headaches
Crying at everything
Sensitivity to sound
Nervousness
Neck/shoulder/back/chest muscle tension
(Muscles are sooooo stiff)
Difficulty swallowing/throat feels swollen
No appetite
Gurgling stomach/farting/burping
Acid reflux and burning chest
Mouth numbness
Face numbness
Earache/ear fullness
Ringing in ears
Sinus pressure
Insomnia
Nightmares
Dry eyes/palpitations in eyelids

Basically broken 😣

H

HPLUM1

Where do I start 😳

Panic attacks
Bad heart fluttering/palpitations (had ECG by paramedics and was normal)
Chest pain
Chest tightness
Chest numbness
Left arm and finger numbness
Extreme tiredness/fatigue
Trembling/shaking
Dizziness
Lightheaded
Headaches
Crying at everything
Sensitivity to sound
Nervousness
Neck/shoulder/back/chest muscle tension
(Muscles are sooooo stiff)
Difficulty swallowing/throat feels swollen
No appetite
Gurgling stomach/farting/burping
Acid reflux and burning chest
Mouth numbness
Face numbness
Earache/ear fullness
Ringing in ears
Sinus pressure
Insomnia
Nightmares
Dry eyes/palpitations in eyelids

Basically broken 😣
I sympathise I have most too . I feel crazy it goes from one to the other. I keep having a flushed face too.. and high blood pressure . 😪

Loobypie

Loobypie

I sympathise I have most too . I feel crazy it goes from one to the other. I keep having a flushed face too.. and high blood pressure . 😪
Oh I feel for you! Mine goes from one to the other to, don't seem to have them all at once but a good few together at a time, I feel like I am so broken right now 😭

I have been having low blood pressure instead occasionally which also makes me worry more!! I bought a home blood pressure monitor but it was a bad idea as I never leave it alone now :( I am obsessed!

H

HPLUM1

Oh I feel for you! Mine goes from one to the other to, don't seem to have them all at once but a good few together at a time, I feel like I am so broken right now 😭

I have been having low blood pressure instead occasionally which also makes me worry more!! I bought a home blood pressure monitor but it was a bad idea as I never leave it alone now :( I am obsessed!
Be careful I did the same but do it twice a day now as my doctor wants me to record it. My heart rate is also a bit wild. But anxiety and stress can do many things and is exhausting
I know I am!
It's so awful I really feel your pain. Are you getting any help ? 😊

Loobypie

Loobypie

Be careful I did the same but do it twice a day now as my doctor wants me to record it. My heart rate is also a bit wild. But anxiety and stress can do many things and is exhausting
I know I am!
It's so awful I really feel your pain. Are you getting any help ? 😊
I do it several times a day, I feel like I need to rely on machinery to convince myself it's just anxiety/stress and not anything else. I also have an oximeter which I obsess over :(
My resting heart rate is quite low at the moment sometimes as low as 52 when I'm very tired.

My doc did prescribe sertraline but my pharmacy couldn't get it in stock and with the current situation I didn't want to go hunting around different pharmacies so they said call up and get doc to prescribe something else but I started to feel a bit better and wanted to do it on my own. I think I might need some help now though :(

Yesterday was 3 weeks of me giving up smoking though too which 100000% hasn't helped my situation with all the withdrawal symptoms, some have been horrendous!!

H

HPLUM1

I do it several times a day, I feel like I need to rely on machinery to convince myself it's just anxiety/stress and not anything else. I also have an oximeter which I obsess over :(
My resting heart rate is quite low at the moment sometimes as low as 52 when I'm very tired.

My doc did prescribe sertraline but my pharmacy couldn't get it in stock and with the current situation I didn't want to go hunting around different pharmacies so they said call up and get doc to prescribe something else but I started to feel a bit better and wanted to do it on my own. I think I might need some help now though :(

Yesterday was 3 weeks of me giving up smoking though too which 100000% hasn't helped my situation with all the withdrawal symptoms, some have been horrendous!!
I have one too and mine at night is 55 ish too it's because your body is slowing down ready to sleep. It's always lower at night .

I was on diazipan for a bit which helped but can not take alot. I'd try for something. I'm anxious and stressed 99percent of the time now and I'm shattered.

O I bet but amazing that u have done that tho.

I struggle to find an inner calm ....

H

Headintheclouds

My symptoms that I've had off and on over the course of a year are:

Muscle twitches (in various places all over body)
Headaches
Blurred vision in right eye
Weight loss due to lack of appetite (comes and goes usually gain back when I'm feeling good)
Stomach cramps
Low back pain
Burning feeling like a UTI in lower pelvis
Dizziness (resolved itself)
TMJ symptoms
Loose bowels
Gas
Indigestion feeling
Sore muscles
Internally shaky
Jumpy
Increased heart rate even at rest

Last year, I had an EMG for twitches (was normal), Echo and holter monitor for heart (normal), thyroid blood tests and ultrasound (normal), full blood work up looking for deficiencies (normal), Lyme's test (negative). About 2 months ago I was checked for a UTI (negative), checked for yeast and other vaginal infections (negative), X-ray of tailbone/lower spine after a bad fall (normal). My main concerns/pains lately have been burning pelvic pain and low back pain. I fell on ice in January and it seems like these issues came on shortly after that. I haven't been able to follow up much with my doctor due to the pandemic and fear of going into the office. I do see a therapist weekly and it is somewhat helpful, but I still have such intense health anxiety when physical symptoms pop up.

A

Aleks82

Hey girls and guys, just to share my symptoms that have been my companions for the last two years:

- constant ache in the back of my head/ neck
- ringing in my ears sometimes so loud it wakes me up
- trouble sleeping
- tingling sensation on my face
- pain in my legs
- different sensations mostly on my legs (burning, bugs crawling)
- muscles twitching
- almost constant nervousness
- mind racing

I've been to several doctors and everything checked OK, but because of my health anxiety / hypochondria I have trouble belivieng it to be true. I think because of the trauma I've been through my body still thinks that I am in danger and wants to run away and that is why I feel the way I feel.

I am very glad for opportunity to read this forum and your messages to see I am not alone in this. That I am not going insane. And that it's just the way my body is sending me a message. And it will get better.

Peace and love to all of you.

S

Steff1990

My symptoms are:
Pounding heartbeat
Whooshing noise in ear
Can feel my pulse in my head which makes me feel like it's all over my body
Feel like my legs are weak all the time
Sometimes weakness in arm
Can get tingling sensation in face and head
Eye floaters
Very very restless legs
Face feels very hot
Sweaty palms
Totally on edge
Feel like I have a crawling sensation underneath my skin
Tiredness but insomnia
Sometimes a wave of dizziness comes over me
I can get a feeling of tightness behind my eyes which makes me feel like my eye is being pulled
There are probably more but my god writing it down I didn't realise how many there were! It's awful I feel for everyone experiencing this. I wish there was an easy fix.

M

Marianda

I always had certain anxiety symptoms like racing ,thoughts, panic , feel abrupt changes in my bbrain chemistry, feel like something is crawling in my skin. However lately i feel I will have a stroke or a heart attack. I feel dizzy and strong hearbeats. Never felt like this before. I'm convinced this is not anxiety. This is real . I just returned from the hospital and had a ECG. It was ok. 68 heart beats per minute. I have to return tomirrow for a holster.

J

Julie41

I always had certain anxiety symptoms like racing ,thoughts, panic , feel abrupt changes in my bbrain chemistry, feel like something is crawling in my skin. However lately i feel I will have a stroke or a heart attack. I feel dizzy and strong hearbeats. Never felt like this before. I'm convinced this is not anxiety. This is real . I just returned from the hospital and had a ECG. It was ok. 68 heart beats per minute. I have to return tomirrow for a holster.
Hi Marianda
It does sound exactly like Generalised Anxiety Disorder
I have suffered for years on & off
Sometimes getting myself back to 90% “normal”!!!
But since January I’ve been awful - the worst
Finished my CBT last week (phone calls)
I have all the knowledge in my head & mostly put it into practice but today haven’t been able to
Woke up shaky ( disturbed sleep for 3 nights & vivid dreaming)
I realise I’ve been worrying for a few days and bang !!! I have an awful day
managed to go out for 2 hours but constantly felt anxious- nervous - heart was pounding - then seemed to miss a beat - just wanted to pace around - hard to sit still- burning in my body & on my skin- blurry eyes- weak legs - just wanted to run away
Got home & felt so sick - couldn’t eat - tearful then angry
Worrying this will carry on tomorrow
Just wanted to hide away & sleep but couldnt
Anyone else have similar episodes
It’s horrendous & makes me feel so ill 😢

Y

YogiLife

Restlessness, breathlessness, heavy chest, headaches, shakiness,