• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

P

Professionalhypochondriac

Have
Hey,

I'd like to find out what all physical symptoms you other anxiety sufferers have??

If there is already a post like this, then i apologise :(

Anyway, the reason that i am asking is that i experience various physical symptoms on a regular/constant basis. I am waiting to see the neurologist just to rule out any other cause of my symptoms, however i have a feeling that it will come back normal and i will be told its all in my head!!!

To start my symptom list is:

Dizziness/lightheaded
Problems with balance
Headaches
Blurry vision/double vision
Facial numbness
Palpitations
Chest and arm pain
Choking feeling/cant swallow
Pelvic pain
Tightness around rib cage - like a band crushing you
Numbness in legs and feet
Twitches
Tingling or crawling sensations
Pins and needles

Damn i didn't realise i had so many. They are not all present all the time but i would say that i experience most of a daily basis.

I used to experience severe panic attacks, but now i just have this elevated anxiety level! :unsure:

Thanks

Cas x :grouphug:
Hello, I have suffered all of the above symptoms above and just like you can vouch that they all nasty...
By far m worst symptom and the one I wish I could eliminate is skipped heart beats... I would take any other symptom over these as they cause me the most distress

T

Tazmelbs85

Hi, I have all day dizziness. It’s been going on for over a month now. Also pins and needles in my fingers. Trying to tell myself it’s just hypersensitivity/anxiety but keep thinking it has to be something more serious otherwise it wouldn’t be there all the time :( oh also slight loss of hearing in one ear. So weird

B

Belly Bear

Wow...reading this lot makes me feel a little less crazy.
I do find myself wondering if my symptoms are "normal" as they seem so irrational.

Bad dreams
Waking up with a sense of impending doom
Aching muscles
Racing heart
Chest pain
Difficulty breathing
Difficulty swallowing
Feeling I have a lump in my throat (GP says there's nothing there)
IBS
Blurred vision
Headaches
Muscle tension
Pain in neck and shoulder
Nausea
Insomnia
Heartburn
Indigestion

It seems a long list written down.
These symptoms can range from mild to severe but I don't think I manage more than an hour or two very occasionally when I'm not experiencing several of them.

T

Thetiredone

Tiredness, I wake up tired, when I eat my blood sugar is strange, then anxiety kicks in

E

elliejam

Feeling shakiness, rapid heartbeat, hard to breathe and dizziness mostly. Crazy thoughts kick in when I feel this way.

Daybreak

Daybreak

I'm not sure if it will help, but I'll put this here. This girl was diagnosed with anxiety, but it turns out she had gluten intolerance. She had these symptoms:

migrane
migrane Auras
tension headaches
Blurry visions
irritable bowl syndrome
bloating
stomachaches
stabbing pain in her sides
side stitches
tremors
Dizziness
Vertigo
Low energy

EDIT: I can't get it to start at the beginning of the video. I didn't mean to start there.

K

katherine002

I have anxiety disorder and it's pretty bad.... I have all the physical symptoms you mentioned....

Daybreak

Daybreak

I have anxiety disorder and it's pretty bad.... I have all the physical symptoms you mentioned....
Try a gluten free and dairy free diet, for 2 weeks, if you can. I hope it makes you feel better.

S

Sols Dad

I’ve been suffering with an unpleasant feeling in my head/eyes. I have to strain my eyes a lot. They feel overwhelmed with information... also noticing an odd pressure feeling in the roof of my mouth and between my eyes. Not a pain, but a slight pressure. Anyone else experience this? Obviously I’m convincing myself it’s cancer, but I do that with pretty much everything.

J

Jakesurfs

Hey guys, lots of similar symptoms that I have as well, glad a lot of us are in this together but at the same time bummed we all suffer day to day.
Here are mine:
Headaches every once in a while
Head pressure on and off
Eye strain and pain / some fuzzy vision
Depersonalization
Derealization
Aching sore muscles even with no excercise
Weakness on one side of body sometimes both(used to worry of MS/ALS/STROKE etc.)
Fatigue
Dizziness
Brain fog
Trouble talking when really anxious
Nightmares
Stomach pains sometimes
Constant worry of health and possible diseases
Mood swings
Chest pain
Hyperventilation during some panic attacks not always

I was on citalopram for 7 years from 14 years old to 21 years old, I’m now 23 and almost 2 years off of the meds.
It’s hard without meds but it’s allowed me to try and continue to experiment with diet changes, natural minerals, vitamins and stuff like that which could’ve reacted with the meds if nothing natural helps and I just can’t get better I might go back to meds but I don’t plan on it any time soon as there’s so many natural alternatives. Anxiety is hard and debilitating at times but it will get better I’ve seen it in my uncle and he had it worse than me for 20 years and beat it. It is possible and will happen. Once you eliminate your stress triggers and over come any stress triggering fears and confront past trauma you can start to move forward. Find what makes you stressed and anxious and go from there. Therapy is great and I’m going to try CBT soon! We’ll see how it all goes. And just to add I’ve had ECG’s EKG’s chest CT scans brain CT scans all that stuff and everything comes back healthy and normal. Anxiety is wild! But it’s not going to kill us. We got this! Anyone else’s share some of these symptoms? The ones that always scare me the most is the feelings of muscle weakness.

M

Marianda

Tiredness , tiredness and more tiredness. I also experience tingling in my legs after walking. Sometimes I experience nausea and a bitter taste in the mouth. I also experience muscle weakness. As mentioned by @Jakesurfs , its the most scarry symptom.

J

Jakesurfs

Tiredness , tiredness and more tiredness. I also experience tingling in my legs after walking. Sometimes I experience nausea and a bitter taste in the mouth. I also experience muscle weakness. As mentioned by @Jakesurfs , its the most scarry symptom.
It’s horrible. It makes me feel like at any Moment my arm is going to just not be functionable and fall to my side. It never does and when I test my strength in it it’s always still just as strong. I guess the anxiety just causes string sensations but not actual clinical weakness. Head pressure also affects me day to day here and there and I constantly feel like I have a sinus infection

M

Marianda

It’s horrible. It makes me feel like at any Moment my arm is going to just not be functionable and fall to my side. It never does and when I test my strength in it it’s always still just as strong. I guess the anxiety just causes string sensations but not actual clinical weakness. Head pressure also affects me day to day here and there and I constantly feel like I have a sinus infection
Yes and its all anxiety. After I read your post and answered it I took some alprazolam and now i feel better. I fear that one day i will loose all strength and will not be able to move. Im always googling strange diseases and that makes me me soooo scared.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Upset stomach, waves of anxiety, my vision almost seems to 'darken' at the edges (like a darkness in my soul), sometimes difficult to sleep, occasional pain in chest (not a heart issue). As for the question on Prozac, I've found SRUI's to be only mildly helpful with Anxiety. When I have a real bad attack I sometimes take a VERY small dosage of Xanax-like 1/8th mg, half a tab-just to take the edge off and help me sleep. Anxiety usually recedes over a couple of days, thank goodness.