Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

Kerome

Kerome

I consider myself lucky, compared to some people above... I have occasional panic attacks with heavy breathing, pins and needles, pounding heart. Just yesterday I had one that was quite difficult to control. They last quite a long time too.

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't get panic attacks as bad or as often as I used too, but it still sucks. Nowadays its just feeling shaky, sweaty and heart pounding. Before I'd also get cold shivers which was the worst and also stuffy throat and stomach churns, mine last until I'm completely out of the situation

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I get different symptoms at different times, but the more common ones are:
pounding heart...I feel my heart beating in my hands, face, head and neck
nausia
shakiness especially in hands
chills going down spine
I get warm and sweaty
and a general sick, sick feeling as if there is a poison flowing in my blood stream.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Sweaty hands, shortness of breath, tightness in my chest, headache and sometimes vertigo. I'm not sure whether dizziness is considered a physical symptom, I do hate it though. Blech.

I

Isildore

In addition to many of the symptoms here, I had severe chills. Like on a hot day, or when no one was cold, I was freezing. Also, I would wake up in morning & feel in general sick, kinda flu-like. Would lay on couch all day unable to eat anything & then at night I would start to feel a little better & could eat & do stuff. Worst bout was 4 days like this.

Had tons of medical tests & eventually got the right doctor. Effexor 150-225 milligrams per day fixed it. Now I'm back to figuring out the depression part. However, I am able to do a lot of the things I was not able to do. Just going to dentist for a teeth cleaning caused me unbearable anxiety.

P

phoebefantasia

Hello there cool name by the way😅
So I've never been formally diagnosed but I've had anxiety present since I was about 12 and I'm now 17 and it just seems like it got progressively worse
My symptoms
- Heart Palpitations
- Chest Pain / Tightness
- Sensitive to Sudden noises , set off by not being able to do something right the first time (like opening a bottle, shutting a door , clicking a pen etc)
- Shortness of breath
- Twitches in arms and legs
- Fuzzy eyes , sometimes dizziness
- Irregular sleep pattern (possible insomnia)
- bad eating habits
- self irritability (annoying myself with my own actions)
- OCD from stress and anxieties

melonino

melonino

Hello Castiel, wow I didn't know that there could be such a variety of physical symptoms in anxiety, thank you for making this post, is so interesting! x

Mine are mostly agitation, i move and talk too fast, my body temperature increases, my stomach aches - causing my diarrhea most of the times, palpitations, difficulties to breathe, very intense headache, feeling like I'm about to burst into tears when I talk...

G

gam9147

This is a great thread, I appreciate seeing a lot of commonalities, but really also seeing that anxiety can cause nearly anthing.

In the past my anxiety was mostly in my stomach so I had diarrhea, and stomach upset mostly as the only symptom.

more recently I've had weirder attacks that match more of these symptoms including:
- heartburn
- chest discomfort (see above)
- shortness of breath sometimes
- tingling in the hands and feet
- shaking in hands mostly

psychological: need to talk to someone about what's going on , literally just to ramble to keep myself grounded.

P

philippa_j

Hiya everyone, I’ve been reading all your replies on here and thought I would reply and tell my story.
Out of the blue I was asleep in bed, woke up around 12am feeling like I was going to pass out I had ringing in my ears my vision was closing in on me felt very shakey all my left side went cold and numb. I phoned for an ambulance who came and completed a ECG and all was fine apart from high blood pressure. I now get tingling in my eyes also
The next day I went to the doctors and I’ve had so many tests done -
Three ECGs
A stomach ultra sound because I have terrible stomach cramps burning
3 full blood counts
1 thyroid blood test
1 vitamin d blood test (came back abit low)
1 glandular fever blood test - my glands all in my chest / arms / legs feel sore and tingly
All of the above came back normal 🙈
I’m now been sent to a neurologist this week because since the first attack I’ve had around 10 more in the space of 4 weeks. They are so draining the next day I feel tired achey and numb.
I’ve noticed they either come on at night when I’m asleep or when I get abit stressed up ie go to the doctors. They never really come on when I’m busy with the kids. I get abit if tingling down my arm and burning down my side near my ribs.
The doctor has prescribed me sterlin but I’ve heard a lot of bad things of this tablet anyone else had heard or taken this ?
Any advice on the above or just to chat would be great :) will let you know how I get on tomorrow at the neurologist
X

J

Jules5

The only real thing that bothere me is the consistent automatic need to swallow. Absolutely does my head in and is all consuming. The rest I can live with like heat, sweats, shakes, stomach pain etc
When anxiety hits me I gag and gag I guess this is not being able to swallow. It last a moment and then always comes back to visist

Laurels

Laurels

When I'm anxious I experience
Face numbness , my face tenses up very bad which is the worst
Stomach pains
Shortness of breath
I get a sudden wave of energy/agitation
Body soreness
Palpitations and chest pains
Tingling in my legs
Intrusive thoughts
Twitching and insomnia

E

Elly123

my symptoms are -
dry mouth
fast heart rate
irritable
nausea
the urge to go loo
upset tummy - which is the worst

really the only symptom stopping me doin things is my stomach wanting to explode. (bit like nervous dirreah feeling)
Me too. Scared to go out of the house in case there are no loos, makes my anxiety a whole lot worse.

littlemachines

littlemachines

oh boy i have a lot, but just to name some of them:

- chest pain, sometimes a stabbing pain, other times more like a squeezing/tight feeling in my chest
- shortness of breath, hyperventilating
- fatigue
- insomnia
- headaches
- blurry vision or other visual disturbances i.e. feeling like the world is getting darker/brighter or more “flat” around me...? it’s a bit hard to describe
- heart palpitations
- dizziness and lightheadedness
- stomach pain and acid reflux

G

Geo

Hey,

I'd like to find out what all physical symptoms you other anxiety sufferers have??

If there is already a post like this, then i apologise :(

Anyway, the reason that i am asking is that i experience various physical symptoms on a regular/constant basis. I am waiting to see the neurologist just to rule out any other cause of my symptoms, however i have a feeling that it will come back normal and i will be told its all in my head!!!

To start my symptom list is:

Dizziness/lightheaded
Problems with balance
Headaches
Blurry vision/double vision
Facial numbness
Palpitations
Chest and arm pain
Choking feeling/cant swallow
Pelvic pain
Tightness around rib cage - like a band crushing you
Numbness in legs and feet
Twitches
Tingling or crawling sensations
Pins and needles

Damn i didn't realise i had so many. They are not all present all the time but i would say that i experience most of a daily basis.

I used to experience severe panic attacks, but now i just have this elevated anxiety level! :unsure:

Thanks

Cas x :grouphug:
Hello,
Nervousness
Feeling out of it
Lightheaded
Ringing in ears
Sensitive to sound
Wobbly legs
Pounding heart
Blurry vision
Burning skin ( sometimes)
Constant worry that something is wrong with me (medically)
Tension in face
Feel uncomfortable talking to people
Feel like I’m just gonna hit the ground
Sleep problems (some times)
Shakey
In a fog
Anybody else feel like this?

K

Kepler1000

I tend to have the thing where I am literally losing my mind and I just need to also get somewhere

S

sal_stewart

GAD here, Palpitating, nausea filled tremors are common with me and general feeling of disgust. 🤮

L

Lorcos

Loss of appetite
Heart palpitations
Restless legs
Agititation
Sweating

T

Tinca

Has anyone been prescribed Duloxetine for anxiety and depression and how well did it help and how long to start working.
Thank you for any advice on this.