• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

A

Anxter

I’m feeling so scared at the moment feel nauseous with a churning tummy and as I have health anxiety I think the symptoms are serious.
Sues2u, I get it. My anxiety makes me feel that way, too. I worry about my stomach symptoms, and the worry just makes them worse. With the help of my meds, I am trying to kick this latest round of anxiety. Health anxiety sucks, no question.

Scg

Scg

Hi. The most common symptom that I deal with is acid reflux. Sometimes when I burp I bring up some digested food particles and liquids which have stomach acid mixed in the contents. It burns your esophagus (and can cause scaring there) and leaves a horrible taste in your mouth. It can also cause moderate to severe heartburn that requires anti-acid medication. I take an over-the-counter medicine called Prilosec which is also called a Proton Pump Inhibitor or PPI. I take it every day which counters the GERD symptoms from happening. There are no side effects from that drug that I know of. I hope that helps you. Let me know if you have any other questions. Take care.
Thank you so much for all this information is certainly has helped, I'm in the uk and was prescribed omeprazole, i should maybe try some over the counter meds see if that also helps, i started a antidepressants sertraline (zoloft) 11 weeks ago which i think seems to make these symptoms worse. I appreciate all this information if i could control the symptoms i know i would certainly feel better in myself, the burning in the chest and acid taste in my mouth drives me crazy 🙄

A Fancy Carp

A Fancy Carp

Thank you so much for all this information is certainly has helped, I'm in the uk and was prescribed omeprazole, i should maybe try some over the counter meds see if that also helps, i started a antidepressants sertraline (zoloft) 11 weeks ago which i think seems to make these symptoms worse. I appreciate all this information if i could control the symptoms i know i would certainly feel better in myself, the burning in the chest and acid taste in my mouth drives me crazy 🙄
Zoloft gave me anxiety, too. I've taken omeprazole as well, but for nausea, and did not experience any side effects. I'm on Effexor right now, and it seems to be working both for my depression and my anxiety, but it took almost three months for the side effects to go away (poor appetite, fatigue, and sexual dysfunction). I don't experience any side effects from it right now, but I've heard reports of it causing anxiety as well.

Oh, and the symptoms of my anxiety are just fatigue and nausea, but my anxiety is also worse when my depression is worse, so it's hard to separate it.

Scg

Scg

Zoloft gave me anxiety, too. I've taken omeprazole as well, but for nausea, and did not experience any side effects. I'm on Effexor right now, and it seems to be working both for my depression and my anxiety, but it took almost three months for the side effects to go away (poor appetite, fatigue, and sexual dysfunction). I don't experience any side effects from it right now, but I've heard reports of it causing anxiety as well.

Oh, and the symptoms of my anxiety are just fatigue and nausea, but my anxiety is also worse when my depression is worse, so it's hard to separate it.
Thank you for this, I'm going to stick to the zoloft for another month to see if any changes but I've got a huge list of symptoms that bother me and I'm never sure if it's anxiety or the zoloft.. Fatigue plays a big part of my life at the moment, i feel i have low mood due to the symptoms. I still not 100% sure it's anxiety I've been dealing with for the past 15months but doctors keeps saying it is and after numerous tests they can't find anything wrong with me.

Scg

Scg

These are my symptoms that i get and i struggle to accept this is all anxiety
Headache
Dizziness
Flushed face
Hair loss
Ear pain
Sore teeth
Sore throat
Lump in throat
Taste bud change/burning mouth
Throat clearing
Back pain
Weak arms and legs
Numbness and tingling in hands, legs, fingers, toes
Trembling/shaking
Shortness of breath
Chest/tightness & discomfort
Pounding heart
Lower back pain
Stomach pain/nausea
Rib pain/ tension/ stitch feeling
Pelvic pain
Fatigue/weak
No motivation/low mood
Lack of sleep
Shin pain
Weight loss/ lack of appetite
Twitching in right eye
Blurry vision/floaters in eye
Cracked teeth
Heartburn/indigestion

I

Itssohard

Dizziness
Pins and needles
Headaches
Muscle tension
Chest tightness
Stomach cramps
Fast heart rate
Clammy palms
IBS-C acts up
Acid reflux (only when I'm stressed!!)
Shaking hands or wobbly legs
Excess saliva and need to swallow
Watery eyes
Hello! I also have excess saliva and need to swallow. Did you find the way to get rid of this symptom or control it? Thank you

K

Kerensa

Hey,

I'd like to find out what all physical symptoms you other anxiety sufferers have??

If there is already a post like this, then i apologise :(

Anyway, the reason that i am asking is that i experience various physical symptoms on a regular/constant basis. I am waiting to see the neurologist just to rule out any other cause of my symptoms, however i have a feeling that it will come back normal and i will be told its all in my head!!!

To start my symptom list is:

Dizziness/lightheaded
Problems with balance
Headaches
Blurry vision/double vision
Facial numbness
Palpitations
Chest and arm pain
Choking feeling/cant swallow
Pelvic pain
Tightness around rib cage - like a band crushing you
Numbness in legs and feet
Twitches
Tingling or crawling sensations
Pins and needles

Damn i didn't realise i had so many. They are not all present all the time but i would say that i experience most of a daily basis.

I used to experience severe panic attacks, but now i just have this elevated anxiety level! :unsure:

Thanks

Cas x :grouphug:
Hi,do your legs feel very weak,wobbly,rubbery? Mine feel like this for most of the day,pretty much everyday & im so worried that its MS & not GAD & HA 😪 x

R

Robbie1959

I suffer from aches and pains which make me feel really depressed can’t cope with it, I’m so body sensitive, and stress makes it all much worse, hate waking up in the morning having to go through whole day feeling like absolute crap.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

When I feel anxiety, I get a burning sensation in my throat. It's very difficult for me to stop this sensation. I believe relaxation techniques would help me with this problem, but for some reason, it's very difficult for me to relax. I was in the hospital some years ago, and they had a session where they dimmed the lights and we drank herbal teas while people talked softly. I hated it!

L

laural98

I have recently started suffering from anxiety and panic attacks and they have been horrendous. It is quite reassuring to see some of the things that have been listed by you guys and I’m actually not going completely crazy for having the same symptoms. This evening I have experienced the burning sensation (exactly like vicks vapour rub) has been rubbed all over my shoulders, arms and neck which then brought on a bad attack. I hope everyone is well this evening.