• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

A

Ammmee

It's so hard, I'm completley with you. Do you suffer from physical to then? When I try tell people they just don't understand. Today because I have been so anxious my body just hurts and feels so heavy. I'm convinced I'm dying. It's lovely to have somebody to talk to thank you xx

S

Scg

It's so hard, I'm completley with you. Do you suffer from physical to then? When I try tell people they just don't understand. Today because I have been so anxious my body just hurts and feels so heavy. I'm convinced I'm dying. It's lovely to have somebody to talk to thank you xx
Yeah i suffer from physical, yeah my body is the same aches all over and the slightest everyday chores seems so much effort. I didn't have a great night last night sitting worrying incase counselling and meds don't work and what do i do if they don't 🙄, Going to go out for a walk today, hopefully when you have your final test it will maybe help you to move on and accept its anxiety. Xx

A

Ammmee

I'm hoping so, it's my arms today that really hurt. Tomorrow will probably be something different. It's so frustrating and scarey. I went for a walk yesterday and it helped clear my head a little. Iv started back on sertraline again yesterday so hoping that helps. It's the random sharp pains I hate, drives me mad xx

S

Scg

I'm hoping so, it's my arms today that really hurt. Tomorrow will probably be something different. It's so frustrating and scarey. I went for a walk yesterday and it helped clear my head a little. Iv started back on sertraline again yesterday so hoping that helps. It's the random sharp pains I hate, drives me mad xx
Hopefully your tablets won't take long to work, today it's tightness in my throat which is horrible that's where my family can see the health anxiety as i chop and change each day with different ailments.. Luckily we have sun today so managed a walk for an hour.

A

Ammmee

Yeah mine to, just out of curiosity what other symptoms do you have? I have seen on here others have very similar to me it's just I carnt get my head around it all. I'm so worried. Hope you start to feel better 😊 xx

S

Scg

Yeah mine to, just out of curiosity what other symptoms do you have? I have seen on here others have very similar to me it's just I carnt get my head around it all. I'm so worried. Hope you start to feel better 😊 xx
I have...
Lump in throat
Tight throat
Upper back ache
Lower back ache
Weakness in legs and arms
Tingling sensation over my body
Chest tightness/numbness
Rib pain
Headaches
Sore throat
Insomnia
Nausea
The list is endless 🤣
Had ct scan, endoscopy, camera down nose, chest xray all last year all clear. Felt ok ish after it all then boom something sets it off and i doubt everything again x

A

Ammmee

Yeah they are all very like mine, everyday there's a new one. I'm forever ringing the doctor or when I feel really anxious over something I go straight to the hospital l. It's so overwhelming and exhausting. I have an MRI booked so I'm hoping that will calm me down. Untill the next episode anyway. Thank you for sharing xx

S

Scg

Yeah they are all very like mine, everyday there's a new one. I'm forever ringing the doctor or when I feel really anxious over something I go straight to the hospital l. It's so overwhelming and exhausting. I have an MRI booked so I'm hoping that will calm me down. Untill the next episode anyway. Thank you for sharing xx
I'm the same I'm going through a bad spell and have been calling my doctor weekly since November. I know it's for reassurance. I feel ok after that for a few hours. Yeah i ended up taking myself to hospital 3 times last year due to symptoms.. I just need to accept it's anxiety, I'm just praying the medication will take the edge of things and allow me to be happy again, it's just so exhausting. Xx

A

Ammmee

Omg I'm the same everytime I get something checked or speak to somebody I all of a sudden feel OK and then boom its back, but worse everytime. Iv being the hospital so much the man at night knows me. I'm just worried thy have missed something. My muscles are so stiff and sore today. Its crazy how things change. Its horrible to say but it's since being pregnant / having my baby i have gotten so bad. I would be better if it was all emotional but it's because it's actual pain. It's hard to get my head around xx

S

Scg

Omg I'm the same everytime I get something checked or speak to somebody I all of a sudden feel OK and then boom its back, but worse everytime. Iv being the hospital so much the man at night knows me. I'm just worried thy have missed something. My muscles are so stiff and sore today. Its crazy how things change. Its horrible to say but it's since being pregnant / having my baby i have gotten so bad. I would be better if it was all emotional but it's because it's actual pain. It's hard to get my head around xx
You can email me anytime at [email protected] if you need a chat. Xx

Beta012

Beta012

During anxiety and panic attacks I feel these:
-Coughing
-Vomiting (rarely)
-Fainting (sometimes)
-Dizziness
-Tunnel vision (sometimes)
-Ear ringing (sometimes)
-Faster heart rate (sometimes)
-Chest pains/cramps
-Difficulty breathing
-Increased stomach acid in throat
-Sore throat due to stomach acid
-Stomach cramps
-General muscle cramps like something's crushing me
-Cold sweaty hands/feet
-Sensitivity to noise
-Headache (sometimes)/severe short headache (rare)
-Sensitivity to light (sometimes)
-Difficulty sleeping if attack is full blown
-Increased nightmare severity if attack happens at night
-Throwing up in nightmare if attack happens at night when asleep (sometimes)
-Passing out and then waking back up in dream if attack happens at night when asleep (sometimes)

Yes I have experienced fainting from anxiety while asleep and then waking up while in a dream and being sure it is a dream, it is a very unnerving experience. I have far more symptoms for general anxiety feelings but there's so many of them meanwhile not all of them are the symptoms above but there are more I experience with general anxiety.

S

Scg

During anxiety and panic attacks I feel these:
-Coughing
-Vomiting (rarely)
-Fainting (sometimes)
-Dizziness
-Tunnel vision (sometimes)
-Ear ringing (sometimes)
-Faster heart rate (sometimes)
-Chest pains/cramps
-Difficulty breathing
-Increased stomach acid in throat
-Sore throat due to stomach acid
-Stomach cramps
-General muscle cramps like something's crushing me
-Cold sweaty hands/feet
-Sensitivity to noise
-Headache (sometimes)/severe short headache (rare)
-Sensitivity to light (sometimes)
-Difficulty sleeping if attack is full blown
-Increased nightmare severity if attack happens at night
-Throwing up in nightmare if attack happens at night when asleep (sometimes)
-Passing out and then waking back up in dream if attack happens at night when asleep (sometimes)

Yes I have experienced fainting from anxiety while asleep and then waking up while in a dream and being sure it is a dream, it is a very unnerving experience. I have far more symptoms for general anxiety feelings but there's so many of them meanwhile not all of them are the symptoms above but there are more I experience with general anxiety.
I don't suffer from panic attacks but have a lot of your symptoms, it's tough to deal with xx

soul searching

soul searching

I have all almost all of these symptoms too. Drank an energy drink-huge mistake, made everything even worse. Am going to call my psychiatrist. These GAD symptoms are unbelievable!

S

Scg

I have all almost all of these symptoms too. Drank an energy drink-huge mistake, made everything even worse. Am going to call my psychiatrist. These GAD symptoms are unbelievable!
I find it tough to accept them all as anxiety. But have to try and accept it or won't be able to move on. I'm hoping counselling and medication will help.

soul searching

soul searching

Hey,

I'd like to find out what all physical symptoms you other anxiety sufferers have??

If there is already a post like this, then i apologise :(

Anyway, the reason that i am asking is that i experience various physical symptoms on a regular/constant basis. I am waiting to see the neurologist just to rule out any other cause of my symptoms, however i have a feeling that it will come back normal and i will be told its all in my head!!!

To start my symptom list is:

Dizziness/lightheaded
Problems with balance
Headaches
Blurry vision/double vision
Facial numbness
Palpitations
Chest and arm pain
Choking feeling/cant swallow
Pelvic pain
Tightness around rib cage - like a band crushing you
Numbness in legs and feet
Twitches
Tingling or crawling sensations
Pins and needles

Damn i didn't realise i had so many. They are not all present all the time but i would say that i experience most of a daily basis.

I used to experience severe panic attacks, but now i just have this elevated anxiety level! :unsure:

Thanks

Cas x :grouphug:
Sounds like you have GAD. I have it also.