• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

L

Luke123123

Where do I start 😳

Panic attacks
Bad heart fluttering/palpitations (had ECG by paramedics and was normal)
Chest pain
Chest tightness
Chest numbness
Left arm and finger numbness
Extreme tiredness/fatigue
Trembling/shaking
Dizziness
Lightheaded
Headaches
Crying at everything
Sensitivity to sound
Nervousness
Neck/shoulder/back/chest muscle tension
(Muscles are sooooo stiff)
Difficulty swallowing/throat feels swollen
No appetite
Gurgling stomach/farting/burping
Acid reflux and burning chest
Mouth numbness
Face numbness
Earache/ear fullness
Ringing in ears
Sinus pressure
Insomnia
Nightmares
Dry eyes/palpitations in eyelids

Basically broken 😣
Does your ringing in ear come and go or permanently there ? Mines literally from the min I open my eyes to the second I fall asleep :(

A

Ammmee

Hi, just looking for some reassurance really. I have being suffering with anxiety/ health anxiety for the last 6 months since having my son. Originally I focused it on him and I adiment that there was something wrong with him. After scans and all sorts of hospital appoinments I can confirm he's absolutely fine. However in my head they were all wrong.

Since then I have turned the focus on myself, it started with pins and needles all over my body and then gradually iv notoced many other symptoms. I notice my symptoms and anxiety get worse when I see youg people with cancer. I'm so afraid of leaving my beautiful children that even writing this I'm in tears. I'm 30 and scared they are going to grow up without a mum.

My symptoms are
Pins and needles
Pain in arms and legs
Rib pain
Fast heart beat that I can feel coming out my back
Pelvic pain
Body twitches
Numbness
Musle pain
Iv had the hot spots on my arms
Buring tongue
Sore throat
Sometimes at night I feel like there's electric in my body.

Iv had a ct scan on my head that was clear

4 sets of bloods

Camera down my throat

Ultra sound on my throat

Pelvic ultra sound

Numberous of hospital and gp appoinments

And awaking a MRI on my back

I have seen lots of posts where people are suffering the same as myself and its so reassuring. I really am petrified and carnt carry on living like this.

Kind regards

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Hi, just looking for some reassurance really. I have being suffering with anxiety/ health anxiety for the last 6 months since having my son. Originally I focused it on him and I adiment that there was something wrong with him. After scans and all sorts of hospital appoinments I can confirm he's absolutely fine. However in my head they were all wrong.

Since then I have turned the focus on myself, it started with pins and needles all over my body and then gradually iv notoced many other symptoms. I notice my symptoms and anxiety get worse when I see youg people with cancer. I'm so afraid of leaving my beautiful children that even writing this I'm in tears. I'm 30 and scared they are going to grow up without a mum.

My symptoms are
Pins and needles
Pain in arms and legs
Rib pain
Pelvic pain
Body twitches
Numbness
Musle pain
Buring tongue
Sore throat

4 sets of bloods

Camera down my throat

Ultra sound on my throat

Pelvic ultra sound

I have seen lots of posts where people are suffering the same as myself and its so reassuring. I really am petrified and carnt carry on living like this.

Kind regards
You've covered all the bases with medical tests, might be time to investigate some CBT or other focused therapy to address your anxiety.

Anxiety is a tougher nut to crack than depression, at least in my experience. There are a lot of good medications to elevate your mood and make you more suitable to counseling, but when it comes to anxiety the medication is limited and should not be taken long term.

SSRI medication is prescribed for depression and it can work very well for certain kinds of depression. I take Sertraline (used to take Paxil, but it became ineffective over time) and it helps my depression. But it does very little for anxiety (anxiety and depression are often two sides of the same coin). When I hear of people taking SSRI medication for anxiety I just shrug my shoulders, because in my experience it's ineffective in dealing with anxiety.

Only medication I've taken that's effective for anxiety is Xanax, which is a benzodiazepine and addictive over time. Withdrawal can be very difficult, but I only took a very minimal dosage at night to help me relax and sleep. But, it does have a good tranquilizing effect which addresses the anxiety-over time you'll have to increase the dosage to get the same effect, though.

We really need a good, reliable medication for anxiety because we're pretty limited today. There are some 'natural' remedies out there-I don't know how effective they are, I've never tried them. But, medication aside good focused therapy can help a lot with anxiety. Just talking it out with a skilled therapist can lance the boil and help get some concerns off your chest. There are also some meditation/coping skills sort of things you can work on which can be effective over time, but you have to stick to them.

Anyway, good luck.

S

Scg

My symptoms are
Pins and needles
Pain in arms and legs
Rib pain
Pelvic pain
Body twitches
Numbness
Musle pain
Buring tongue
Sore throat

4 sets of bloods

Camera down my throat

Ultra sound on my throat

Pelvic ultra sound

Kind regards

A

Ammmee

Hi thank you so much for your reply. I have registered for some CBT councilling although there's a slight wait. It's so lovely hearing others in similar situations because I'm not stop with anxiety, random twitches and pain. Sleepless nights and always have the dreaded doom over me x

S

Scg

My symptoms are
Pins and needles
Pain in arms and legs
Rib pain
Pelvic pain
Body twitches
Numbness
Musle pain
Buring tongue
Sore throat

4 sets of bloods

Camera down my throat

Ultra sound on my throat

Pelvic ultra sound

Kind regards
I also have a lot of your symptoms, mines also includes chest tightness, numbness and tingling in my legs. I've had been for various test(my choice) but they all come back clear. I've dealt with this for a year now and it's tough, no motivation, lack of sleep. Doctors prescribed me antidepressants last year tried them for a few months but felt they made me worse but i probably didn't give them a chance, so I'm 1week back on them and need give them time to see if it helps, I'm also starting counselling.
Just to assure you your not alone. Xx

A

Ammmee

Hi, I also tried sertriline for a couple of weeks and give up. I probably also didn't give it enough time. I'm going ring tomrorow and try and speak with somebody about re starting them. It's horrible, I just want to be me again. I'm afraid it's never going go away or that all my means are true and I'm going leave my children. Thank you for your reply

S

Scg

Hi, I also tried sertriline for a couple of weeks and give up. I probably also didn't give it enough time. I'm going ring tomrorow and try and speak with somebody about re starting them. It's horrible, I just want to be me again. I'm afraid it's never going go away or that all my means are true and I'm going leave my children. Thank you for your reply
That's exactly how i feel, i just want to be me again and enjoy life, although covid restrictions have probably not helped. But my main issue is i can't accept it's anxiety due to how i feel. I do know that antidepressants do take time to work but it makes me feel so bad to start with hence why i give up but compared to how i feel the now i need to just push through them and hopefully make me feel better. Hopefully cbt will help you and maybe worth a chat to the doctors xx

A

Ammmee

I honestley really appreciate your reply, I also have other symptoms. Including armpit pain and neck pain which the doctor thinks is nerve pain. But I'm thinking all sorts. I just want my MRI to put my mind at rest, this covid really hasn't helped. I carnt accept it either due feeling so unwell all the time. I feel in pain. Often daily in different areas. I definitley need to push through with some meds because I feel it's affecting my husband now and I really don't want that. I suppose everybody only has so much patience. Thank you and hope you feel better soon xx

S

Scg

I can totally relate to everything your saying, I've put my family through hell the last year and struggle to be the wife and mother i should be, i just try and push through each day hoping for bedtime which is not a good feeling. My husband has never experienced anxiety before so it's tough on him knowing how to deal with me which i appreciate and he has just lost his father 2 months ago so i don't want to give him anymore stress. I'm here anytime you need a chat. I'm just hoping the medication and life style changes will help, i know for one the constant sitting thinking of all my aches and pains and worry is certainly not helping in anyway xx

A

Ammmee

I'm exactley the same, I want to be the mother and wife I was. I can tell its affecting them and there's the guilt on top. He can see when I'm working myself up and he just looks fed up. I wait for bed time every day then most time wake in the night wondering what pain I can feel and why! I feel more tiered every morning than I did before bed. I love them with everything I have and It really scares me to leave them. I just want somebody to wave a magic wand and fix me. Iv paid private for breast clinic and neurologist and both can back clear. Tha k you so much I am also here of you ever need somebody to chat to I'm aware of how Lonley and scarey it feels, xx

S

Scg

I'm exactley the same, I want to be the mother and wife I was. I can tell its affecting them and there's the guilt on top. He can see when I'm working myself up and he just looks fed up. I wait for bed time every day then most time wake in the night wondering what pain I can feel and why! I feel more tiered every morning than I did before bed. I love them with everything I have and It really scares me to leave them. I just want somebody to wave a magic wand and fix me. Iv paid private for breast clinic and neurologist and both can back clear. Tha k you so much I am also here of you ever need somebody to chat to I'm aware of how Lonley and scarey it feels, xx

S

Scg

Hi just a wee message to see how you are, hopefully your having a better day and got in touch with your doctor xx

A

Ammmee

I'm ok, I have a phone consultation next week. They are so sure it's health anxiety but it's hard to belive when you feel so poorly all the time. It's a different thing everyday. Hope your OK and than you for message it's really kind of you xx

S

Scg

I'm ok, I have a phone consultation next week. They are so sure it's health anxiety but it's hard to belive when you feel so poorly all the time. It's a different thing everyday. Hope your OK and than you for message it's really kind of you xx
Glad you got a consultation, i know it's tough i need to accept it's health anxiety as well and try to think more positive. One day at a time. Xx