• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

L

Laudanum

I think if they continue I'll try a doctor (if I can get an appointment). I'm a bit freaked out to be honest.

25 years ago I had headaches that lasted 3 weeks, but the doctor didn't seem to think it was anything bad.

S

Sam1973

It’s horrible. It makes me feel like at any Moment my arm is going to just not be functionable and fall to my side. It never does and when I test my strength in it it’s always still just as strong. I guess the anxiety just causes string sensations but not actual clinical weakness. Head pressure also affects me day to day here and there and I constantly feel like I have a sinus infection
Ive been having one sided issues along with anxiety for 6 years now. Started after a panic attack. Also are u the same jakesurfs who does the Alternative Daily?

I

itsmeagain

I get a powerful wish to avoid social encounters etc.

I

itsmeagain

I get a feeling of longing for safety.
Exposure to people I want to avoid fills me with moderate foreboding.

W

wasteman420

i'm a bit late to the party lol but recently came to the conclusion that i most likely have GAD rather than just regular old anxiety, as it's mostly unprovoked yet looms over my whole life. Here's my main symptoms in order of most frequent/bothersome:

-diarrhoea / shitting constantly
-waking up w knot in stomach
-startled ridiculously easily
-feel like crying a lot
-lack of appetite
-nausea & vomiting
-tight chest
-twitches
-dizziness
-hyperventilation
-sweating/hot flushes - but usually only when i'm actually in a stressful situation/environment rather than just constantly for no reason like the rest of the symptoms

The worst symptoms are the digestive issues as i'm a bit of a hypochondriac and rlly weird about toilet stuff so i'm terrified of developing a chronic disease like Chrons or something and not being able to blame the symptoms on just anxiety anymore. Either way, it makes me feel disgusted by myself and has really knocked my confidence and impacted my social life as i hate using the bathroom anywhere other than in my own home / solitude & shitting my guts out before going out anywhere kinda kills the vibe

P

personaldev4life

-Tingling or crawling sensations
-Want to use the bathroom
-A knot on my stomach
-Dizzy
-Light headed
-hear racing

Does anyone know how to deal with the sympoms ? What do you do that helps you ? I will try smoking a cigar right now maybe that helps.

S

Scg

Hi
I have a range of physical symptoms, mostly all of what people have mentioned above. I tried to start taking medication last year but felt like it didn't help but we were right at the pandemic and think this wasn't helping me, I've had a range of test over the year and everything thing came back fine. Has anyone found medication useful to relieve the physical symptoms and lift there mood, I've found the last month hard but yet again back in another lockdown and trying to home school i think it's taking it's toll again. Scared to try medication again due to the side effects and the horror stories, but i can't go on feeling like this all the time its effecting family life, Any help appreciated.

T

Tazmelbs85

Hi
I have a range of physical symptoms, mostly all of what people have mentioned above. I tried to start taking medication last year but felt like it didn't help but we were right at the pandemic and think this wasn't helping me, I've had a range of test over the year and everything thing came back fine. Has anyone found medication useful to relieve the physical symptoms and lift there mood, I've found the last month hard but yet again back in another lockdown and trying to home school i think it's taking it's toll again. Scared to try medication again due to the side effects and the horror stories, but i can't go on feeling like this all the time its effecting family life, Any help appreciated.
It’s challenging during lockdown periods to keep on top of it. It helps to find some time out for yourself for self care. Whatever calms your mind and nervous system. I find yoga and meditation helpful but it could be reading, watching funny movies, going for walks..I definitely found medication helped after a while, it wasn’t a quick fix but it definitely helps lift your mood during times like these where it’s very stressful and you’re limited with what you can do. If you have any family history, it helps to know what has worked for others as I found the medication my mum takes worked the best for me. Hope things improve

S

Scg

It’s challenging during lockdown periods to keep on top of it. It helps to find some time out for yourself for self care. Whatever calms your mind and nervous system. I find yoga and meditation helpful but it could be reading, watching funny movies, going for walks..I definitely found medication helped after a while, it wasn’t a quick fix but it definitely helps lift your mood during times like these where it’s very stressful and you’re limited with what you can do. If you have any family history, it helps to know what has worked for others as I found the medication my mum takes worked the best for me. Hope things improve
Thank you so much for your post, I'm going to start the medication today, doctor prescribed me fluoxetine.. I think it's just the restrictions and having everyone around 24/7 and not getting any me time, constantly worrying about the children as there struggling been out there routine, i did start counselling before christmas but that's been put on hold just now. I know it's not a quick fix but hopefully in a month or so things will get easier. Xx

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

i dont get anxiety often but when i do it can get really bad. usually:
i feel sick
i get cold/shivery
i have a headache
my senses get really overwhelmed and i feel detatched from reality
and sometimes i feel tired

T

Tazmelbs85

Thank you so much for your post, I'm going to start the medication today, doctor prescribed me fluoxetine.. I think it's just the restrictions and having everyone around 24/7 and not getting any me time, constantly worrying about the children as there struggling been out there routine, i did start counselling before christmas but that's been put on hold just now. I know it's not a quick fix but hopefully in a month or so things will get easier. Xx
Good luck! I hope you can get some time to yourself too xx

I

Iv3rson3

Hi
I’m in a similar list of symptoms
Mainly
Blurred vision/trouble focusing
Brain fog
Poor balance and spatial awareness
Muscles spasm and in pain
Stomach growling
Hand and feet are cold and purplish looking
Tired fatigued
Poor posture i cant seem to feel my body completely its always in weird position
Hypochondriasis and not leaving my house much
I try to study but its next to impossible to get information to go in
Right jaw area spasm a lot

lazemz

lazemz

i start feeling like im on a roller-coaster , like the ground is moving and in slow motion , i stare into space and start sweating . i hate it

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I have GAD. I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I get a sore/burning sensation in the back of my throat. Swallowing hurts a little bit then. I read in one post, if I remember correctly, that there's a need to swallow. I have difficulty swallowing when I'm trying to go to sleep. I'm not sure if it's because of anxiety or a side effect of one of the medications I'm taking.