Physical Anxiety Symptoms - what do you experience?

Castiel

Castiel

Hey,

I'd like to find out what all physical symptoms you other anxiety sufferers have??

If there is already a post like this, then i apologise :(

Anyway, the reason that i am asking is that i experience various physical symptoms on a regular/constant basis. I am waiting to see the neurologist just to rule out any other cause of my symptoms, however i have a feeling that it will come back normal and i will be told its all in my head!!!

To start my symptom list is:

Dizziness/lightheaded
Problems with balance
Headaches
Blurry vision/double vision
Facial numbness
Palpitations
Chest and arm pain
Choking feeling/cant swallow
Pelvic pain
Tightness around rib cage - like a band crushing you
Numbness in legs and feet
Twitches
Tingling or crawling sensations
Pins and needles

Damn i didn't realise i had so many. They are not all present all the time but i would say that i experience most of a daily basis.

I used to experience severe panic attacks, but now i just have this elevated anxiety level! :unsure:

Thanks

Cas x :grouphug:

A

AmandaMar

Hey, I'm anxious almost every moment I'm awake, and when I sleep i still suffer from incredibley terrifying life-like nightmares, so it's a constant struggle. My lists is very similar to your's, mines also accompanied by hallucinations, voices, paranoia, things of that nature, it ties in with my Bipolar II
Here's all the physical aspects I can think of....

-extreme nausea (throwing up numerous times throughout the attack)
-Dizziness/Vision problems
-Inbalance/fainting
-Palpitations
-Numbness (all over but mostly in face)
-Feeling like bugs are crawling all over me and under my skin (due to this I'm very itchy)
-Spit becomes thick/trouble swallowing
-Trouble breathing (forgetting to breath or shortness of breath)
-Chest pain/ arm/leg pain (feeling like arms were ripped out of joints)
-Feelings of whiplash
-Incredibley painful muscle tension all over (almost as if my bodies electricuting itself/ followed up by "charleyhorses" in feet and calves.
-pins and needle sensation
-Feelings of wind being knocked out of me, like I was punched in the heart
-hypersensitivity to lights, movements, noises, etc

Wow, that's the first time I ever really listed them, I have minute attacks that involve only a few of these at a time, but the big ones are pretty much all of them, and they feel like they last for hours, where usually it's only about an hour.

S

starfish

physical symtoms of anxiety

i get extremely bad migraines followed by a stiff and sore neck. saw a locum doctor who has finally referred me to a neurologist after 18 years.

G

gadmommy

same symptoms

I experience the same symptoms, although the dizziness and vision stuff are gone since going on Lexapro.

lal10

lal10

I suffer from similar symptoms to the above. At the moment major fatigue, muscle pain, nausea, IBS, shakes and general debility seem to be the symptoms of the day. I get a horrible feeling when I'm approaching somewhere (like my GP's surgery, a shop etc) it's like all my energy suddenly gets zapped, I feel so weak like I almost wont make it, light headed, numbness, clumsy, shallow breathing, brain 'fog' and I feel like I could lie down right there and then and close my eyes and hide from it. When I do make it in I get shaky, sweaty, dry mouth so I can hardly speak, mumbled speech, I always cry, get very tense so get increased muscle pain. Then when I get home I'm so drained from it all I can't do anything else for the day plus I tend to get migraines after a stressful event which put me in bed for anything from a couple of hours to a day or so, I also get what I call migraine hangovers which can effect me for days afterwards.

S

Sandy

My Anxiety Symptoms:
Constant tension headaches
Nausea
Aches and pains
Pounding Heart
Fatigue
Light Sensitivity/ Audio Sensitivity
Excessive Worrying about any good thing I try to do
Indecision
Agitation
Blurred Vision

F

fast fuse

my symptoms are -
dry mouth
fast heart rate
irritable
nausea
the urge to go loo
upset tummy - which is the worst

really the only symptom stopping me doin things is my stomach wanting to explode. (bit like nervous dirreah feeling)

U

UneekLady

I get cranky, headaches, dizzy, nausea and the plumbing is always overactive...I cry alot...

J

Jlivin33

Hi there,
I have GAD, HA and Panic Disorder. It's horrendous. I get all the same symptoms as you.
My new ones just now are burning sensations on my skin and flashes of pain that come across as nerve pains.
Have you ever had symptoms like this?

S

Sues2u

I’m feeling so scared at the moment feel nauseous with a churning tummy and as I have health anxiety I think the symptoms are serious.

J

Jonny7

The only real thing that bothere me is the consistent automatic need to swallow. Absolutely does my head in and is all consuming. The rest I can live with like heat, sweats, shakes, stomach pain etc

M

MysticalGypsyPrincess

Symptoms of Anxiety that I have:

~burning throughout entire body (a cold burning similar to what vicks vapor rub feels like): most unpleasant
~pounding heart
~sweating
~shaky/dizzy/light headedness
~mind goes blank
~wobbly legs

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey,

I'd like to find out what all physical symptoms you other anxiety sufferers have??

If there is already a post like this, then i apologise :(

Anyway, the reason that i am asking is that i experience various physical symptoms on a regular/constant basis. I am waiting to see the neurologist just to rule out any other cause of my symptoms, however i have a feeling that it will come back normal and i will be told its all in my head!!!

To start my symptom list is:

Dizziness/lightheaded
Problems with balance
Headaches
Blurry vision/double vision
Facial numbness
Palpitations
Chest and arm pain
Choking feeling/cant swallow
Pelvic pain
Tightness around rib cage - like a band crushing you
Numbness in legs and feet
Twitches
Tingling or crawling sensations
Pins and needles

Damn i didn't realise i had so many. They are not all present all the time but i would say that i experience most of a daily basis.

I used to experience severe panic attacks, but now i just have this elevated anxiety level! :unsure:

Thanks

Cas x :grouphug:
Yep I get all those except take away headaches and blurred vision but add in bowel problems.

C

costih

Hi Sounds like there’s loads of Physical symptoms. Does anyone get them for hours on end and will Prozac make them go away? Thanks H

J

Jonny7

Hi Sounds like there’s loads of Physical symptoms. Does anyone get them for hours on end and will Prozac make them go away? Thanks H
Yes, i can get them all day long which can be exhausting. Hopefully, medication can help alongside breathing exercises, mindfulness, eating well and plenty of exercise. And don't beat yourself up about the symptoms. Accept them for what they are, the flight and fight response hormones and eventually they will go away....the mind heals in time like the body. You will get better...

C

costih

Hi Jonny7. This may be my second attempt at posting a reply so bear with me! Thank you for your support. I particularly like the “don’t beat yourself up on the symptoms” I think that is a gteat Mantra and I am going to try it. I’m 8 weeks in and it is still a real issue...Are you over yours now ? Cheers H

J

Jonny7

Hi Costih, I was on Sertraline 200mg for 16 years symptom free and totally got my life back. They pooped out recently for whatever reason so I’m still on them but GP has augmented with Mirtazipane 30mg. I’m in 3 weeks in and I’m now sleeping but anxiety symptoms still raging.

I end up with the circular negative thought of feeling a fraud as people have real challenges to deal with like cancer, divorce, bereavement etc. In the end you just have to accept that it’s not your fault and to accept that it’s a illness like any other but not visible.

As I sit and write this in the office I feel as if a sabre toothed tiger is chasing me. My colleagues would not believe how I feel as I grin and bear it so to speak. If it all gets too much you need to perhaps take time off work. Despite the stigma of mental health most companies are really supportive these days as it is becoming a bigger and bigger issue these days. Keep going and remember that it is just your response hormones and nothing bad is going to happen. Breathe and best of luck X

C

costih

Hi Jonny7. You sound like you have gone through a great deal already-I feel for you. I hope the Mirtazipane works, at least you are sleeping and although it sounds difficult, still at work. I can understand the feeling of fraud as I lost a colleague recently to pancreatic cancer and this cannot for an instant be a bad as what he and his family went through.

My initial situation is a little different to yours as I had a dissection in one of my arteries about 8 weeks ago and although that is on its way to repair I have had full on anxiety attacks since then. My company have been good and have let me take some time off but I am going to attempt to go in on Thursday.Lets hope I don't get an episode that stops me in my tracks for a few hours. but even if it does, as you say breath and just let it happen..

I can honestly say your message of yesterday and today has been totally supportive. You are good with words that bloody mean something:)!! Cheers and all the best. H

E

ericj

It looks like anything can turn into a problem! Ive a number of the above troubling me now. Worst for me is my inability to get comfortable and just relax. i don't know how to make it stop!