• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

PHQ-9?

J

Jisatsu

After 2 more weeks, I will have been on antidepressants for 6 weeks and I have to do the PHQ-9 test again.
I don't know if anyone else has done this? I scored 19 the first time I went to the doctors.. (but I lied and said I had never thought about suicide when I actually thought about it a lot.. :( ) I have to do it again in 2 weeks time.. my doctor said if I am improved then I'll get monthly prescriptions but what will happen if I confess about the suicidal thoughts? I don't want her to tell my parents or contact the hospital or anything major :(:(

D

DELATEXT

PHQ-9

Jisatsu, I had to look up PHQ-9 test, The thing is that if you are feeling very bad or have suicidal feelings you should tell your Doctor,
although I know this is very difficult for you ???
The Doctor should not tell your Parents anything with out your consent, unless you are deemed to ill to handle your decisions ??
Which you are not !
Your Doctor must respect your wishes at all times, the same applies to your boy friend, only you can tell him about your illness ??
It is only if you are at risk of hurting yourself that Medical staff have a duty to look after you ??
I was in a similar predicament a few weeks ago ??
But I now realise that the support staff where looking out for me as I was suicidal,
I hope you can talk to your Medical time in confidence ??
If you have any doubts talk them over with your Doctor ??
Take care and let us know how it goes ??:grouphug: