• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

phobias

B

bunbun

hi, i'm new here and have been BPII for 32 years. i mostly suffer from major depression but the thing that really disturbs me is that for all this time i have had the same severe phobia. it causes me to react with ocd and no matter what therapy i have tried - and i've done them all - conventional and quacks i cannot get rid of it.
i feel like i am the only person to be like this. is there any other BPII's who have anything similar?
please tell me i'm not totally unique!
love bunbun

C

Cameron Vale

Phobia

Hi BunBun

I Too have suffered from Bi Polar disorder for quite sometime. You mention that you suffer from a phobia, but you do not mention what the phobia is?

I do hope you are steady and balanced at the moment, please let me know what the phobia is?

Cameron Vale:)

B

bunbun

hi, cameron, thankyou for taking an interest. at the moment i am having a big depressive episode which makes the anxiety worse. i know this is ridiculous but i feel unable to tell most people about the specific nature of the phobia as i am really scared of even revealing it to most people. i know it is a totally irrational thing but not completely unheard of. the thing is every therapist etc. i have seen about it says there is a very deep rooted reason for it but they or i don't know why and consequently how to get rid of it. at the moment i am having hypnotherapy and have regressed apparently to a past life (i have an open mind about this) the past life seems to be giving some clues as to the cause of the phobia but we still haven't got to the point of curing it yet. All i can say is that it has nearly ruined my life for over 30 years and i so want it to stop.
i just wondered if BP suffers were prone to phobias in general and it might just be a symptom of the condition and i am wasting my time trying to solve it.
love bunbun

Last edited:
E

EternalityFlames

I have suffered from Emetophobia all of my life the extreme fear of being sick and others being sick and I do have been afraid to tell people about it but have given up on that. I haven't been diagnosed with Bipolar but I'm going to see a doctor next week. x