• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Phobias and Head Tension/headaches. Possible food intolerance.

Empish

Empish

Good you’re done with packing and moving. Hope you settle nicely at your new place.
My anxiety happens after eating. I am prediabetic so maybe it has to do with my sugar. Or it could be mind playing tricks on me.
My weekend was manageable. I visited my mom at the cemetery she passed this January. I try to visit at least once a week. It’s been tough without her. My son came to visit which was nice. I don’t go out much even though I would like to. I never know how am going to feel.
How about you? How have you been feeling?
Yes could be something to do with the diabetes but I don't really know anything about that.

January wasn't that long ago so not surprising that you are still finding it tough. Luckily you have your husband and son to support you through it.

I'm feeling relieved not to be living with those horrible people anymore. They were so toxic, I had a constant feeling of repulsion in my stomach which has now thankfully dissolved. I thought it might have just been me to experience feeling like that in response to being around people like them but I typed it into google and apparently it's something people can experience as a result of narcissistic abuse. Thankfully it's over now.

I

Inie

Yes could be something to do with the diabetes but I don't really know anything about that.

January wasn't that long ago so not surprising that you are still finding it tough. Luckily you have your husband and son to support you through it.

I'm feeling relieved not to be living with those horrible people anymore. They were so toxic, I had a constant feeling of repulsion in my stomach which has now thankfully dissolved. I thought it might have just been me to experience feeling like that in response to being around people like them but I typed it into google and apparently it's something people can experience as a result of narcissistic abuse. Thankfully it's over now.
I’m glad you are out of that toxic environment. You can start fresh. I can relate I have narcissistic father he lives in our back house. I try to avoid him as much as possible but he calls often. It is really unhealthy being around people like that. They weigh you down. He tries to be nice now cuz he’ll alone but he has done so much in the past I can’t forgive and forget. My mom was caring unlike him. I’m thankful to have a supportive husband and son. Chilly over here. How is the weather over there?

Empish

Empish

Sorry you have to deal with it too.

The weather was lovely today, sunny and slightly warm and it's going to get warmer next week, looking forward to it. What do you consider chilly in California?

I

Inie

Weather sounds better over there. No sun today. Chilly for me is in the 60 or lower degrees fahrenheit. My hands and feet are always cold.

Empish

Empish

I thought you might find our typical summertime temps to be chilly in comparison to those in California.
I have to sleep now, it's been a long day.
Enjoy your day and chat soon

I

Inie

I thought you might find our typical summertime temps to be chilly in comparison to those in California.
I have to sleep now, it's been a long day.
Enjoy your day and chat soon
Yes we are spoiled with the weather. I lived in the mid west for a bit and I was cold in the summertime. Leave the day behind you. Have a peaceful night. Yes chat tomorrow.

Empish

Empish

Hi,
it's been nice just pottering and a country walk. How about you?

I

Inie

I’m okay. Went for a short nature walk. It was relaxing hearing birds chirping. The weather is just right. How’s the weather over there?

Empish

Empish

Fairly warm and sunny, nice enough to sit in a meadow and chill.
I find being out in nature very therapeutic.
How is your anxiety today?

I

Inie

Nature is soothing. My anxiety is manageable. My depression is another story. I don’t remember if I told you but I lost my mom this January to cancer. I thought I was doing ok but then the sadness just hits me. If I tell my psychiatrist she will updose my meds. and I don’t feel comfortable with that. How about you. Are you having anxiety or depression?

Empish

Empish

Not right now I'm feeling fine.
Was your mum middle aged or elderly?

I

Inie

That’s good you are doing fine. She was 74years old. Father is still here. Are your parents still around?

Empish

Empish

My mum died when I was 15. My dad is still here but is getting on and has several health problems.
Were you depressed before she died or only afterwards.

I

Inie

My mum died when I was 15. My dad is still here but is getting on and has several health problems.
Were you depressed before she died or only afterwards.
You were quite young when your mum passed. My father too has several health issues. Anxiety had for years. I started to be depressed when she was dying at home. I’d say 6 months before she passed. Meds do help a bit but I still get crying spells. Are you taking any meds?