• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Phobias and Head Tension/headaches. Possible food intolerance.

I

Inie

Yah it would be tough having a roommate. Hopefully everything works out at your new place. Over here in California housing is so expensive. My son and his girlfriend are renting a one bedroom apartment for $2000 a month. Are you working at the moment? I forgot if I asked you already. I stay at home left my job 3 years ago. It was stressful and my mental health suffered.

Empish

Empish

That's a ridiculous amount to pay for rent. What is the minimum wage over there?

I

Inie

The minimum wage over here is $13.00-$14.00. How about over there? You can’t live off minimum wage over here you need to make more to survive. It’s crazy. To qualify for a one bedroom apartment you need to make $5000 a month. California is outrageously expensive.

Empish

Empish

That is crazy but I guess it's a cool place to live. You can live in shared accommodation here on minimum wage (£9) or if you have a partner to share with you could pay for a 1 bed flat on minimum wage in most places but not London.
No not working presently.

I

Inie

That is crazy but I guess it's a cool place to live. You can live in shared accommodation here on minimum wage (£9) or if you have a partner to share with you could pay for a 1 bed flat on minimum wage in most places but not London.
No not working presently.
Sounds ideal. Is it hard to find work over there?

Empish

Empish

Thats a complicated question. At the moment it is due to lockdown although it should be picking up now we are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. Before lockdown there has been a problem with a lot of newly qualified young people not being able to get good jobs and having to take low paid work they are over qualified for.

Empish

Empish

Chat again soon Init and enjoy your day. Time for bed here.

I

Inie

Thats a complicated question. At the moment it is due to lockdown although it should be picking up now we are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. Before lockdown there has been a problem with a lot of newly qualified young people not being able to get good jobs and having to take low paid work they are over qualified for.
It’s tough over here. The prices of everything like food, housing, gas etc. have skyrocketed. I thank God my son was able to get a job during these hard times. It’s sad for the overqualified people who have to settle for less. I’m hoping the covid cases will diminish so that things will slowly return to normal. The isolation is very depressing.

Empish

Empish

We at least seem to have cove under control over here, for the time being anyway. New variants are a bit of a concern though.

I

Inie

We at least seem to have cove under control over here, for the time being anyway. New variants are a bit of a concern though.
The new variants are concerning. Have you been vaccinated? They say it’s only protective for 6 months.

Empish

Empish

No I haven't. I've been thinking about it but I'm not too keen. I'm not working at the moment but If/when I get a job I will be more inclined to get it. Didn't know it only lasted 6 months, I thought it was a year. Have you had it?

I

Inie

No I haven't. I've been thinking about it but I'm not too keen. I'm not working at the moment but If/when I get a job I will be more inclined to get it. Didn't know it only lasted 6 months, I thought it was a year. Have you had it?
I don’t think I’ll be getting it since I don’t work and I mostly stay at home. I already caught the virus so I will be immune for a while. Maybe in the future right now it’s too experimental.

I

Inie

Hi. How is your weekend? I had more anxiety yesterday after eating breakfast could it be the ketchup I added to my breakfast sandwich. I feel better today. Just never know when that anxiety will hit. It usually happens after eating. Does this happen to you too?

Empish

Empish

Hi, I spent my weekend packing and today moving....it's all over now, hurrah!

I haven't noticed feeling anxious immediately after eating. With the tannin that will start to come on gradually about 10 hours after eating anything with tannin in it.

How was your weekend?

I

Inie

Hi, I spent my weekend packing and today moving....it's all over now, hurrah!

I haven't noticed feeling anxious immediately after eating. With the tannin that will start to come on gradually about 10 hours after eating anything with tannin in it.

How was your weekend?
Good you’re done with packing and moving. Hope you settle nicely at your new place.
My anxiety happens after eating. I am prediabetic so maybe it has to do with my sugar. Or it could be mind playing tricks on me.
My weekend was manageable. I visited my mom at the cemetery she passed this January. I try to visit at least once a week. It’s been tough without her. My son came to visit which was nice. I don’t go out much even though I would like to. I never know how am going to feel.
How about you? How have you been feeling?