• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Phobias and Head Tension/headaches. Possible food intolerance.

I

Inie

I had a great day yesterday thanks, went for a long walk in some lovely woods with an amazing bluebell display.
That's great that your husband is supporting you, it sounds like you are feeling burnt out but eventually you will recover from the grief and stress of losing your mum and pet.
The tannin in the squash would not have effected you that quickly. If you were intolerant to tannin you would be suffering from the symptoms already anyway because you are no doubt eating lots of other things in your diet that contain tannin. When I have done my tannin website I will let you know, it will explain things better.

Hope you are having a better day!
I also like going for walks it’s my only exercise. Lately it’s been hot over her so I’ve been taking them at dusk.
I’m from California. Where are you from?
I have off and on anxiety. It is often triggered by what I eat. Sounds like it’s hard to avoid the tannins. Avoiding NS sounds more doable. I’ve cut out eggplant which I love to eat.
I’m doing okay this morning. How is your day going?
Looking forward to seeing your website.

Empish

Empish

I'm in north England at the moment but going down south soon. California sounds great..lucky you!
Yes Nightshades is a lot easier to avoid than tannins. I'll be doing a website about that eventually too.
Having a super chilled day today, how about you?

I

Inie

I'm in north England at the moment but going down south soon. California sounds great..lucky you!
Yes Nightshades is a lot easier to avoid than tannins. I'll be doing a website about that eventually too.
Having a super chilled day today, how about you?
There are many people on this site from England. There is a big time difference in between us. Over here it’s morning. It’s probably evening over there I’m guessing. I’m trying to avoid tomatoes and potatoes but love those fries and my soups contain tomato sauce. It’s quite an adjustment. Yesterday was a good day hoping today will be. No special plans today. If I feel okay later I will visit my mom at cemetery. I try to make it on Sundays. How are you feeling right now?

Empish

Empish

I’m trying to avoid tomatoes and potatoes but love those fries and my soups contain tomato sauce. It’s quite an adjustment.
Yes they are both two of my favourite foods. Once or twice a month I allow myself pizza, veggie bolognaise or chips (fries where you are).
I'm feeling ok right now, had a rough morning as I ate tannin yesterday but I've discovered that if I do certain yoga exercises that are good for digestion the symptoms aren't as severe. Also drinking ginger and peppermint tea which are both good for digestion with the tannin foods helps.

I

Inie

Yes they are both two of my favourite foods. Once or twice a month I allow myself pizza, veggie bolognaise or chips (fries where you are).
I'm feeling ok right now, had a rough morning as I ate tannin yesterday but I've discovered that if I do certain yoga exercises that are good for digestion the symptoms aren't as severe. Also drinking ginger and peppermint tea which are both good for digestion with the tannin foods helps.
I love pizza but last time I ate my tummy went haywire. Tannin free diet is very limited. Never thought of drinking tea with my meals. I will try it. Glad yoga is helping you. I’ve never tried it. Do you get into weird positions? The reason I ask is because I get restless legs. Think it’s a minor side effect from my med.

Empish

Empish

Never thought of drinking tea with my meals. I will try it.
For good digestion it's best to have a drink half an hour before a meal and one hour after a meal but not to drink lots of fluid with a meal. You can sip small amounts of fluid with a meal but too much isn't good. When I eat tannin foods I have ginger tea before it and sip a little peppermint with the meal. Ginger helps to increase digestive fire. Not sure how the mint works. I learnt this in Ayurveda which is part of my yoga course.
Can I do weird positions? I generally just stick to beginner level poses. You don't have to be able to do the more complicated/difficult poses in order to gain the physical and mental benefits.
Your restless legs probably have something to do with the fight or flight response side of anxiety. When you are anxious the body prepares you for running away from a perceived threat. Learning about how this works helps us to understand and help overcome anxiety. Just google Fight or flight if you're interested.

I

Inie

For good digestion it's best to have a drink half an hour before a meal and one hour after a meal but not to drink lots of fluid with a meal. You can sip small amounts of fluid with a meal but too much isn't good. When I eat tannin foods I have ginger tea before it and sip a little peppermint with the meal. Ginger helps to increase digestive fire. Not sure how the mint works. I learnt this in Ayurveda which is part of my yoga course.
Can I do weird positions? I generally just stick to beginner level poses. You don't have to be able to do the more complicated/difficult poses in order to gain the physical and mental benefits.
Your restless legs probably have something to do with the fight or flight response side of anxiety. When you are anxious the body prepares you for running away from a perceived threat. Learning about how this works helps us to understand and help overcome anxiety. Just google Fight or flight if you're interested.
I noticed my anxiety heightens when my digestion in poor state. I use to drink tea often but not anymore. I was afraid the caffeine was causing more anxiety. Although I drank caffeine free tea it still has minimal traces of it. So I’d rather make my own tea with fresh ginger or fresh mint leaves. Does the tea really help with the tannin intolerance? I will check out the beginner level yoga on Youtube. I think every strange sensation I feel in my body is caused by anxiety. I just need to be able to control it somehow.

2Much2Feel

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are suffering form agoraphobia. I used to suffer from social phobia and once I managed to control the panic attacks continued to suffer from social anxiety disorder until I worked out that I have two food intolerances that effect my nervous system (nightshades) and my head/brain (tannin). The reason I started this thread is to try and let people know that their phobias and anxiety may be caused or exacerbated by food intolerances.

Do you have tension in your head, arms and chest most of the time or only if you attempt to go outside?
This is so interesting, have never heard of it and will def look into it. Your idea of doing a website for it is awesome, as I'm sure a hell of a lot of people don't know about this.

Empish

Empish

I will check out the beginner level yoga on Youtube.
I remember you saying in one of your messages that you have a neurological condition so you will have to check the contraindications for each pose. Just type in the name of the pose you want to do and then contraindications into google and something will come up.
The ginger and mint teas do help...they are not a cure but they reduce the severity of the symptoms a bit.

I

Inie

I remember you saying in one of your messages that you have a neurological condition so you will have to check the contraindications for each pose. Just type in the name of the pose you want to do and then contraindications into google and something will come up.
The ginger and mint teas do help...they are not a cure but they reduce the severity of the symptoms a bit.
I will do that. Thanks. I will start up on drinking tea hopefully they will benefit. How is the website coming along?

Empish

Empish

I have all the info together just need to make a website or find funds to get someone else to do it. I am moving house in a week so will probably attempt to do one later in the month. I'm not very good with that sort of thing but I'm sure I can suss out how to do it.

I

Inie

I have all the info together just need to make a website or find funds to get someone else to do it. I am moving house in a week so will probably attempt to do one later in the month. I'm not very good with that sort of thing but I'm sure I can suss out how to do it.
Good luck let me know when you are ready to share. Have a good evening.

Empish

Empish

Hi Init, It's coming along nicely. Don't have a huge amount to move as I just rented a room. Looking forward to leaving this house and nightmare sharers. How are you doing today?