• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Phobia that has been bothering me for a long time

C

coreymarmar

I have a very strange phobia about hydrogenated oil I'm deathly afraid of it and it's in most beauty products like cologne and body wash and lotions and I'm deathly afraid of this stuff I don't know what to do my mom uses a lot of it a lot of colognes that have hydrogenated oil in it and it scares me I'm afraid when it gets on my hands I have very bad panic attacks and I get scared cuz I know how damaging hydrogenated oil is to the body so it scares me very bad and I don't know how to overcome this please could somebody give me some tips anyting... Please?

B

bpd2020

I do not have ocd so I apologise if this is not helpful. Could you buy more natural products so you do not have to come into contact with hydrogenated oil? If I think about all the products I use, I do not think any contain that at all.

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I know there're methods of making your own cosmetics. As I remember they're described in dr H.Clark books.
BTW, have you know the origin of the fear? Maybe you can start a therapy?

C

coreymarmar

It's not that I care about the Cosmetics or anything like that I'm scared of hydrogenated oil and I'm scared of any products with it cologne body wash deodorant most of them have hydrogenated castor oil and I am deathly afraid of this going on my skin and I don't want to be this way anymore how do I fight off a feel like this?

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

If you don't know origins of your fear, you can try hypnotizing.