Phobia of bees. I'm desperate for help.

ita828878

ita828878

No one in my life understands this. I try to explain it and everyone has the same response..."Most people don't like bees or are a little afraid of them, I understand." There's plenty of things I'm a little afraid of. This is a totally irrational fear that controls my everyday life when it's warm and sends me into panic. When there's no bee's around I talk to myself and try to convince myself that the worst they can do to me is give me a little sting and that I'm so much bigger than them and they're more afraid of me then I am of them...you know, all that stuff. I tell myself it's irrational but as soon as I come face to face with one I freak out. My heart rate spikes and depending on the circumstance I'll start running in any direction and flailing my arms all around and wiping off my clothes for 10 minutes after the occurrence just to insure it's not on me somewhere. Before I walk out any door I spend about 5-10 minutes staring all around to be 100% positive there are no bee's hovering around. I refuse to open any windows at all because the idea of them getting inside the house or car is a horror scenario. The feeling of relief I experience during the winter is hard to even describe. Being able to walk outside with no stress is amazing. Winter around here last's pretty much 3 months, and I easily do more outdoor activities in those 3 months then I do the other 9 months of the year combined almost purely because of this phobia. Cold can be irritating but as soon as I think about how much misery I am in during the summer, it suddenly feels great. I still live at my families home with my mom, dad, and younger sister. They all try to understand it but it's hard for them to totally understand. My mom does see it though, and she's getting very concerned about me. I've went to a therapist about it. I talked about it for hours upon hours and she tried to help me change my mindset but it didn't work. I'm at the point where I feel like getting on my knee's and begging for help. I've broke down and cried too many times to count because I'm so frustrated with this controlling my spring/summer/fall seasons. I'm constantly looking over my shoulders. I stay up in bed thinking about it while my heart races and I start to sweat, just by thinking about a potential encounter. Last summer I had a warehouse job and a bee got in somehow and it was flying around the huge warehouse, but I couldn't take my eyes off it to the point where it was impacting my work performance, and I tried explaining to them my phobia but they laughed it off and I ended up quitting because I couldn't stay there knowing there might be a bee flying around. At this point I only see two real options. Either I find someone that can help me get rid of this phobia, or I have to move somewhere that's cold all year round and change my life around just to avoid them. Thanks for reading.

W

wheezey

I really am so sorry you feel this way. It sounds like it is controlling your life. Have you ever thought about trying hypnotherapy? I have heard it can work very well for phobias. I too have a phobia of bees, spiders, wasps and all insects. I dread every summer and live in fear of being stung. I can relate to you saying nobody understands as I have found that too.

ita828878

ita828878

I don't mind bees its wasps I dislike.
I think that's rational. They have a tendency to dive at people's heads and try to get inside the house and of course they can sting you. So to have a fear of them is normal, in my opinion. It's the way it controls my life and mental state that is really bothersome and upsetting.

ita828878

ita828878

I really am so sorry you feel this way. It sounds like it is controlling your life. Have you ever thought about trying hypnotherapy? I have heard it can work very well for phobias. I too have a phobia of bees, spiders, wasps and all insects. I dread every summer and live in fear of being stung. I can relate to you saying nobody understands as I have found that too.
I'm not sure exactly what hypnotherapy is, but I'm willing to try anything! Have you tried it? I'm sorry you deal with this similarly! I have a fear of spiders and some other insects, but it feels more like normal fears rather than phobias for me. Like if I absolutely needed to I could go up to a spider and kill it or whatever, but I'd never be able to do that with a bee of any kind.

W

wheezey

Hypnotherapy is a form of therapy were you are put into a relaxed mood and the therapist talks to you. The relaxed mood should enable the words to stick in your mind. I have tried it but not for phobias. I hope it is something that you can try.

ita828878

ita828878

Hypnotherapy is a form of therapy were you are put into a relaxed mood and the therapist talks to you. The relaxed mood should enable the words to stick in your mind. I have tried it but not for phobias. I hope it is something that you can try.
I'll certainly look into it. Thank you! Did it help you when you did it?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,your post was a bit long for me to read as my concentration is very bad right now
i just wanted to welcome you to the forum
x

and say i have an extreme fear of spiders ,my dad used to throw them at me when i was little and it has made me terrified of them
whenever i see one i go into an extreme panic
luckily i haven't seen any around for a while

i hope you overcome your fear
lots of love Lu x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Phobia Forum 3
B Phobia Forum 1
I Phobia Forum 7
K Phobia Forum 36
C Phobia Forum 5