• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Phase 2 Vacconations - England

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

England is moving in the phase 2 vaccinations today - and that includes those who are medically vulnrable - which includes mental health such as bi-polar and schizophrenia

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Hopefully they have enough vaccine to keep on providing it. It's in short supply in the USA right now. Who knows why?

B

Bunny7

My GP has told me that I’m in group 6 for covid vaccinations under the severe mental illness tag. I’m looking out for the postman every day!

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

Just had a phone call from my GP - I'm booked in for my jab tomorrow 😀

lindyhop

lindyhop

I think it's the same over here as I have been booked in for this Wednesday

T

Twinkle Toes

I have history of anaphylaxsis so really worried about getting the jab and it triggering a life threatening reaction. The thought of having to go to hospital (for adrenaline if ambulance gets to me in time) then everyone in full PPE then I'm in an hospital full of people with covid after being isolated for a year and managing not to get any covid symptoms of anyone all year!

Both Pfizer and AZ have had people with severe reactions. Trying to find who to contact about vaccines still in trials to see if any of those have not had one person with a life threatening reaction. Obviously I'd like protection with more severe strains coming but not if its going to cost me my life to get a jab!!!

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I have history of anaphylaxsis so really worried about getting the jab and it triggering a life threatening reaction. The thought of having to go to hospital (for adrenaline if ambulance gets to me in time) then everyone in full PPE then I'm in an hospital full of people with covid after being isolated for a year and managing not to get any covid symptoms of anyone all year!

Both Pfizer and AZ have had people with severe reactions. Trying to find who to contact about vaccines still in trials to see if any of those have not had one person with a life threatening reaction. Obviously I'd like protection with more severe strains coming but not if its going to cost me my life to get a jab!!!
There have been very few 'severe reactions'. I got both jabs of Pfizer and it was a nothing-burger. Hardly any side effects. But if you'd rather take your chances with the virus, that's up to you.

I'm taking my wife in to get her first vaccination on Friday. She's been putting off needed foot surgery because she doesn't want to go near a hospital during the pandemic. After her vaccination she can schedule surgery with more confidence.

T

Twinkle Toes

There have been very few 'severe reactions'. I got both jabs of Pfizer and it was a nothing-burger. Hardly any side effects. But if you'd rather take your chances with the virus, that's up to you.

I'm taking my wife in to get her first vaccination on Friday. She's been putting off needed foot surgery because she doesn't want to go near a hospital during the pandemic. After her vaccination she can schedule surgery with more confidence.

and do you and your wife both have an history of life threatening anaphylaxsis? I'm talking a reaction of less than 15 mins for your face to swell, eyes and throat to close??? I'm at least an hour away from an A & E even if I had a car and didn't have to wait for an ambulance to get to me first (think its been 2-4hr waiting time on average for ambulances round here during the pandemic).

L

littledogs

I was supposed to have vaccine today. But I didn't Go ahead with it.
went along but they only have the Oxford one in my area.Im terrified of side effects.not anaphylaxis..but flu type side effects, especially coughs.. I've spent a year shielding because I am so afraid of the virus. I have no care or support And cannot cope with being ill at all.. I self harm if I feel ill in my body because I feel like it's trying to trap me indoors alone with no help.. so although I would certainly want the vaccine rather than the disease, I believe my useless body will create every side effect going.. then I will end up hurting myself because the side effects scare me so much..

K

karl7

things are going very slow here in ROI.....still giving the jab to over 85's ......there is little supply but things supposed to ramp up in march april.....to think israel already has half their population vaccinated

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

and do you and your wife both have an history of life threatening anaphylaxsis? I'm talking a reaction of less than 15 mins for your face to swell, eyes and throat to close??? I'm at least an hour away from an A & E even if I had a car and didn't have to wait for an ambulance to get to me first (think its been 2-4hr waiting time on average for ambulances round here during the pandemic).
Actually my wife has poor reactions to aspirin and other medication. But she's never had a major reaction to a vaccination. FWIW, when you get the vaccination they make you sit and wait half an hour or so to see if there are any untoward reactions.

It's entirely your decision, but at our age and with my wife's health conditions we'd be foolish not to get the vaccine. I personally know people who died of COVID-19 and it's not a pleasant way to go.