• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Peteswim

P

peteswim

This is my first post.have had recurrent depression for past 25years. Going through a bad one at the moment.

W

Waverunner

Welcome to the forum Peteswim. I hope you find it helpful. Have a look around and post wherever you feel comfortable. posting In the intro section and the chill out sections may help you get to know others.

B

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are struggling with depression.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome to the forums Peteswim! I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression. It is something I struggle with too as well as many other folks here on the forum so you are definitely among friends here. Hope you will enjoy getting to know us and looking around. xo, j

M

Mistral

I have been suffering with depression for about 25 years as as well. I have some good days and some bad days. I have learned to live with the bad days because I know that they will end and then I get some good days.

P

Pollypop

How are you today peteswim?

I’ve also suffered depression for many many years
so I understand how you are feeling.

Please keep posting.
I have found this forum so helpful.

T

treasurebox

Music therapy helps me. I listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube. Listening to good music can make you think and feel better. Listen to it daily or as you need to.

Also, do what you love to do or do what you are good at. Is it cooking, baking, gardening, arts and crafts, writing and many others. It will make you happy and fulfilled.

P

Prycejosh1987

This is my first post.have had recurrent depression for past 25years. Going through a bad one at the moment.
Work on the underlying issues with your depression. Once you solve them the depression will have less of an effect on you.

P

peteswim

Thanks for your responses it makes me realise even more that I'm not alone in this struggle.

P

peteswim

I've now tested positive for the virus, symptoms aren't too bad but I have to self isolate, and with depression it will be hard.

P

Pollypop

I am so sorry to hear you have the virus.
It’s frightening how this new wave of it is spreading, and yes,
it isn’t going to be easy for people with depression where self isolation is involved.

Are you used to being ‘out and about’ a lot, or work.?

In some ways I feel guilty, as having depression, and anxiety with agoraphobia,
I haven’t been as affected as many others when it comes to lockdown etc.
However, it does nothing to ease the symptoms of my other mental health problems.

Perhaps you could spend some time on the forum to stop you feeling alone.
I’m happy to ‘chat’ with you.

I hope your symptoms continue to be on the mild side.
Take care.

B

bpd2020

I am sorry you have covid. I hope you will not have the more severe symptoms and it passes soon.