Pete Walkers book - wonderful / thank you

J

johnram

Just a thank you to those that have recommended Pete Walkers Complex PTSD book - surviving to thriving

I bought it actually in December, but as i was focusing on my EMDR and some other stuff, i put it away (likely to be binned).

Starting on these forums, i saw it mentioned a few times and picked it back up....upto page 70 - have never related to a book as strongly as it, it explains so well my struggles and issues, and i have felt tearful many a time just reading its insight....and then cried doing a few of the exercises

anyway, a strong recommendation from me, but also a big thank you to those that have mentioned it

J

Jules5

I will have to pick up this book. Can you tell me about some of what you read? Hugs

J

Jules5

I got on his website read articles very intimate and scary with all I have stuffed away onside. I start PTSD therapy in less than 2 weeks. This will indeed help me from passing things off. I always run on the notion others have it worst them I do therefore I am alright. Wf
hen indeed I am suffering. Addictive behaviors and rik taking are me in nutshell. Thanks for posting. Hugs

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Love Pete Walker, very helpful, can really relate to what he says. I've only read his website, been meaning to get a book.

J

johnram

I got on his website read articles very intimate and scary with all I have stuffed away onside. I start PTSD therapy in less than 2 weeks. This will indeed help me from passing things off. I always run on the notion others have it worst them I do therefore I am alright. Wf
hen indeed I am suffering. Addictive behaviors and rik taking are me in nutshell. Thanks for posting. Hugs
Fantastic
and good luck, keep posting, its a good place here