• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pet Therapy for Mental Health

I

indigo6

Animals in general have the extraordinary ability to almost transfix most humans. Im especially susceptible to their gift. I believe people benefit physically and mentally even though they might not feel it intensely.

K

Keesha

Pet therapy. Oh yes. I do find it very helpful and obviously many others do also or they would have therapy dogs visiting so many hospitals and nursing homes. The unconditional love and acceptance a dog or cat offers is incomparable to any other.
I’m all for pet love. ❤️👍

K

Keesha

@Nutzername
Are you giving him enough exercise?
Dogs usually are very content unless they aren’t walked enough. How long are you walking your dog each day?

N

Nutzername

@Nutzername
Are you giving him enough exercise?
Dogs usually are very content unless they aren’t walked enough. How long are you walking your dog each day?
Oh yes. He’s the perfect angel at home. It’s when we are outside he a nightmare. I think he has adhd or something. No matter how much training we do as soon as he sees something more interesting than me - squirrel, cat, dog, deer etc - oh my god!

K

Keesha

@Nutzername
Oh! Well that’s a different story altogether.

Your dog must be very young.
There are doggie treat infused with natural substances including hemp, which had NO THC. They have amino acids and other ingredients. We have used them on our 16 year old dog and they work very well.

Our dog is now relaxed yet not enough that she doesn’t react inappropriately to needing to go to the washroom or need for thirst, etc.

I’m not sure where you live but here’s what we use with great results. She’s so much more relaxed but still very cognitive.

ACF2879C-23BA-4D23-AB50-0692ECD7F047.jpeg