• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Personalty Disorder.

Lillyone

Lillyone

It has been a while since I last posted on here - but have come back to give you an update on my illness.

I have been moved from the work related group into the support group, after I appealed, I also won my PIP appeal after waiting some 18 months.

Took a lot of energy and fighting but I won through in the end, so never give in is all I can say.

I have also recently been diagnosed with borderline personalty disorder, in one way I am so relieved to get a diagnosis, (one in which I believe to be correct)though I cannot believe I have lost so many years through this illness, and lost so much because of it.
I am now trying/struggling to come to terms with it all, and work out what is the best form of attack/approach to living with it.

I am lucky in that I live alone, one thing I do recognise is that I am better on my own.
I am not violent, nasty or anything but the illness makes me draw away from people.

I have been reading that this MH issue is not treated as importantly by some doctors, CPNs and the likes as they tend to offer more support to those suffering from BP and depression (has anyone found this to be true).

Anyway I have to find my own path through this along with any help my local mental health team can offer.

Thanks.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Lillyone.

Thanks for the update, sounds a lot like my experiences in the last couple of years,, with very similar outcomes.

I wish you well.