• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

personality disorder ?

Y

yytthh

when i was 14 my psychiatrist told me its likely i have a personality disorder. shortly after that i stopped seeing him so i never got answers.
im 20 now and i think i have Borderline Personality Disorder. My current GP thinks i have depression but i think its more than that.
some days im absolutely fine, im happy and optimistic. today i started off fine. then i had an arguement with my brother and since then i havnt stopped crying, im drinking and taking pills, ive cut myself, and i just want to die. i wont leave my room because i dont want to be around anybody.
at the moment i feel very very depressed. but not everyday is like this, so i dont think i am actually depressed.

does anybody have any answers? do you think it does sound like depression, or something more?
This has been happening since i was 13.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :)
No one here can diagnose you. For that you would definately need to see your GP or get a referal to a trained diagnostian.
I hope you can get the help you need. Keep posting! We've all been through a lot and can share our experiences and opinions with you.
Take care :flowers:

A

Apotheosis

It is a maybe a good idea to address the alcohol & drug misuse issues before angling for concrete diagnoses.

Addiction issues are often covered by all kinds of diagnostic labels. Not to say that you don't have other underlying conditions, I can't say. Just that things may be a lot clearer if you deal with substance misuse first.

Last edited:
dib4uk

dib4uk

Yeah just as other posters have said, basically the GP cant diagnoise this and it must be done by a pschiatrist.

Yes, if you use booze- you need to be free from all this first, cause they can exassibate? conditions and make things worse.

Stay strong.

:)