• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

personality disorder ?

Y

yytthh

when i was 14 my psychiatrist told me its likely i have a personality disorder. shortly after that i stopped seeing him so i never got answers.
im 20 now and i think i have Borderline Personality Disorder. My current GP thinks i have depression but i think its more than that.
some days im absolutely fine, im happy and optimistic. today i started off fine. then i had an arguement with my brother and since then i havnt stopped crying, im drinking and taking pills, ive cut myself, and i just want to die. i wont leave my room because i dont want to be around anybody.
at the moment i feel very very depressed. but not everyday is like this, so i dont think i am actually depressed.

does anybody have any answers? do you think it does sound like depression, or something more?
This has been happening since i was 13.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :)
No one here can diagnose you. For that you would definately need to see your GP or get a referal to a trained diagnostian.
I hope you can get the help you need. Keep posting! We've all been through a lot and can share our experiences and opinions with you.
Take care :flowers:

A

Apotheosis

It is a maybe a good idea to address the alcohol & drug misuse issues before angling for concrete diagnoses.

Addiction issues are often covered by all kinds of diagnostic labels. Not to say that you don't have other underlying conditions, I can't say. Just that things may be a lot clearer if you deal with substance misuse first.

Last edited:
dib4uk

dib4uk

Yeah just as other posters have said, basically the GP cant diagnoise this and it must be done by a pschiatrist.

Yes, if you use booze- you need to be free from all this first, cause they can exassibate? conditions and make things worse.

Stay strong.

:)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Sanjuro AVPD(Avoidant Personality Disorder) and diagnosis. Personality Disorders Forum 30
AlwaysCurious When is narcissism a personality disorder that needs professional treatment? Personality Disorders Forum 7
U Borderline personality disorder issues Personality Disorders Forum 9
K First Degree Relative Passing Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 1
N Why I think I have avoidant personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
L People with Antisocial Personality Disorder are the ones that emotionally and physically torment others in school Personality Disorders Forum 9
L What type of Personality Disorder do you think the notorious mobster serial killer Thomas Pitera had? Personality Disorders Forum 28
L Avoidant Personality Disorder Question Personality Disorders Forum 21
S Paranoid personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 2
G Is this a personality disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 1
G Emotionally unstable personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
T I made a song about schizotypal personality disorder and wanted to share Personality Disorders Forum 3
A Unknown Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 18
S Dependent personality disorder. If so, how did you overcome it? Personality Disorders Forum 3
T What personality disorder i have? Personality Disorders Forum 5
T Does my nephew sound like he has personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 3
anayamoo Obsessive compulsive personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 16
L Borderline Personality Disorder - Has anyone experienced something like this? Personality Disorders Forum 2
K do people with dependent personality disorder suffer from social anxiety Personality Disorders Forum 3
E Undiagnosable personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
C Does anyone know what its like to have Avoidant Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 7
P Regarding Antisocial Personality disorders. Personality Disorders Forum 7
P Questions regarding Antisocial and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Personality Disorders Forum 2
G Can People With Personality Disorders Still Be Good Parents Personality Disorders Forum 6
L Past relationship advice borderline personality Personality Disorders Forum 3
A Avoidant Personality // Career Success Personality Disorders Forum 7
M Any good authors on Schizoid disorder ? Personality Disorders Forum 3