Perpetually-shaky hands

anxiousanathema

anxiousanathema

I have GAD, and as the title suggests, my hands are always shaking. It's not violent tremors or anything, it doesn't really interfere with my daily activities (though detail work with writing and drawing can be a challenge), but it becomes more noticeable if I think too much about it and focus on it.

I haven't heard others talk about shaky hands as a symptom that much, outside of panic attacks and the like, but for me, it's just always there. I was just wondering if anyone else dealt with anything similar.

Victorianna

Victorianna

I went to the doctor about 5 years ago for this, and was diagnosed with essential tremor. The shaking in my hands is very slight, but does seem to be a little more noticeable when I’m nervous.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

I do struggle with it to, it used to be pretty constant. Remember though, if you're chronically suffering from anxiety, it's not unheard of for it to be constant. It could be psychological - even a symptom produced from the fear of it happening, a form of hypochondria.

Anxiety can be nasty.

G

gam9147

If it helps any, I definitely have shakey hands when my anxiety gets bad. What was weird is I never had that symptom in the past, but in the previous month that's one I definitely see. Tingling in hands and feet as well, and I get heartburn which for me is the telltale sign of anxiety

I assume from the way you talk about it it will occasionally get better when you might be feeling a bit better? remember sometimes we need to ride out the symptoms and try our best not to focus on them in order for them to mitigate.

G

M

megirl

It tends to be one of my first signs or these days my only sign.
I dont experience a lot of anxiety these days.
If I feel pressured or am trying to do too much at once.
I just let it be, I put it into perspective. Like the other week I was filling in an application form for some work. There was no rush to do it, it was a basic form, I thought well 'what's there to be anxious of?' Instead of over thinking I just carried on and finished the application form.
The subconscious is a strange thing anything could have been going on.
It went away as quickly as it had started
I believe fighting it isn't very helpful.