• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Perpetual State of Hell, I worry about my Boyfriend!

L

limichelle32

Right now my boyfriend is trying to get his life back! His quality of life I should say. It's been three years and this is the worst it has been! The doctor is thinking of putting him back on an old drug he was taken off in January no other drugs work for him!

He has a Psychiatrist Appointment today to talk about going back on.

Right now we are basically in no contact because he is so depressed and has so much anxiety he can't even use the phone. He called yesterday to tell me his mom would update me.

He can't eat or sleep!

I have been hoping for some kind of miracle since he had his major break down. I keep hoping and praying to whatever is out there. I'm losing my faith and that's the one thing I need to keep alive. Not the religious faith but faith in life itself!

I love this man more then he could ever know! We have known each-other for a little over a decade now.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all problems disappear. I know I was once in a Perpetual State of Hell and I came out on top. Although mine was an easier treatment to fix!

It's sad to know somebody you love is deteriorating in their mind, and just fading away from activities they used to enjoy.

My boyfriend used to be the easy-going, full of life kind of man!

Now he is negative and has lost all hope in which I don't blame him for feeling this way.

I guess I'm more of an optimist and even in my darker times I knew I would get better.

I try to keep the hope alive always!

I just need any advice!

If you have been in his place and how you got through?

Thanks,
Lisa

Apravo

Apravo

I'm sorry I can't really give you an answer, When I had tough times my wife and her family were always there for me and made me feel stronger. I also found spending time with my little niece and nephew made me gradually improve my mental health. And finally I found doing voluntary work just something small made the focus go off me and there is always someone worse off than you.

L

Lancaster Sam

Hi,
Like the previous poster i cannot give a thorough answer either. I suppose when i had a breakdown, my family all helped and were always supportive, loving, and caring. They have made sure I'm okay, and that i take my medication as is required. Their love and support have certainly helped and I suppose for me that is what family/loved ones can do. I like the above poster also had time to do some voluntary work which got me active and got my mind a bit more focused.

L

limichelle32

Thanks for responding. It ended the relationship with my boyfriend and I last night. He can't handle any kind of commitment. I have to face the reality even though it hurts. I will always care but at least now I can focus on myself since I'm alone now. :(

Lisa

Apravo

Apravo

Hey, sorry to hear about that, Yes concentrate on looking after yourself, If he loves you he will understand. Take care. Andy