permanent trauma from bullying?

maggiecraft

maggiecraft

I was bullied in high school to the point where I would skip school so I could avoid them. I still get these nightmares frequently that I’m stuck in high school... I am so insecure that I am extremely soft spoken and shy and insecure because of it. I am so ready to get over this and become a confident person but I feel like I have developed social anxiety because of being bullied as well? Instead of getting better as time passes it just gets worse and worse

R

Rusalochka

I was bullied too. And even as an adult, I had to deal with bullies. I actually had people talking about me online on some weird forum. They thought I didn't know but I ended up finding out about them. Made me so depressed and angry. Here's something I do that helps:

I love fictional characters. Especially Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. She gets bullied a lot, but she continues to be herself. She also doesn't stay angry at those who bully her. She ignores them and focuses on the things she loves. She still stands up for herself though. She's such an inspiring character to me, and she's really helped me when it comes to dealing with all these problems in life. Maybe she'll help you.

Therapy also helps. Talking to anyone about this help. Maybe you can try that out?

R

Rachelm2535

I was bullied in high school to the point where I would skip school so I could avoid them. I still get these nightmares frequently that I’m stuck in high school... I am so insecure that I am extremely soft spoken and shy and insecure because of it. I am so ready to get over this and become a confident person but I feel like I have developed social anxiety because of being bullied as well? Instead of getting better as time passes it just gets worse and worse
Maggiecraft - I too was bullied in 4th grade so bad the teacher told me I just didn’t belong in that school and that I should go find another school. She was right and that is what we did...but it took a long time to work through all that. But I finally got to a point where I realized I was letting the people who hurt me win by being afraid to be in social settings. I am much better today. I do have to say sometimes it is in our temperaments or personality not to want to be in a crowd of people, this too is understandable. Don’t let them win. -Rachel

PAULA120

PAULA120

did you consider therapy with a psychologist? maybe it will help you gain confidence?