• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

periods!!!!

M

memyself and b

That dreaded monthly hell has arrived again( or should I say 3 weekly)!! Every time this agony comes I go to hell, the feeling of self hatred, suicidal thoughts constantly,I feel so dirty, grotesque even, darkness,I take everything out of context but cant stop not too mention the pain, horrific pain and bleeding, flooding!! Been to docs, oh have the coil fitted,,,,,mm no thanks I have enough problems down there, as for the psychological bit "oh your on a ad" and thats it, left to get on with it but its getting worse every time, I have been in constant pain now for 2 days, darent, dont want to go out, think people stare" look at her, the nutter," the look of disgust on there faces when they see me! So I stay in, in my pj's, behind closed curtains, not answering the door or phone,not wanting to carry on, Why wont anyone hear me, why wont anyone listen, why wont anyone help? Is there any help??:(:cry:

T

TOONAFISH

i had the same problem. i was told to take my pill continuously with no break which worked. then i came of it to get pregnant and went onto lithium after that which has really helped too.

they should be able to give you ponstan or what ever for the pain.

i had the coil 0 m g. v sore never again

M

memyself and b

cool never heard of ponstan, will ask doc thanx

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

There is an anti depressant that is prescribed for depression during your period, it's called Sertraline.

I had this prescribed for my everyday depression, but I can safely say that it also took away the period depression as well. Something that no other a d has ever done before.

M

memyself and b

cool thanks for that i will certainly see my doc about that:)

S

suzy

Dont take sertraline if bipolar that messes the chemicals up, increased my serotonin so much tipped me over the edge

Be carefull!!!!

Ask your docter about what pill would help if you don't want the coil/implant. Some pills stop periods completly

M

memyself and b

tried most pills and they have a terrible affect on my moods!! gonna wait till i move in 8wks and see the docs there! thanx:)