• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PERIOD BINGES! HELP!!!!!

L

Llbd2355

Seems like I’m trying to get over these binge episodes and I do really good for a few weeks and then my period fucks me up soooo bad! I PMs and binge and then the next week I’m recovering from that binge, and then following week I get my period and binge again. Iv spent $200 in the last 2 days on ordering out because of binges it’s nuts! I’m so depressed and unhappy with myself and just ant this shit to stop! In the last day I’m now wondering if I need to get on birth control or maybe anti depressants or something to help! I’m trying to fight this binge disorder and take 1 step forward in recovery and then my period comes and I take 3 steps back!!! It’s a vicious cycle! Can anyone resonate? Is anyone taking anything for their period cravings thay can help me? Please help! I want to get ober this shit and I think o can but my period is making me relapse so bad!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I eat more during mine too. Usually the wrong foods.

I try to be very strict with myself, 3 meals and in between snacks must be healthy like dry crackers, pears, dried fruit and nuts, yoghurts, seeds, tomatoes, carrot sticks and houmus. It really must be that way and with the odd treat. When desperate at night, i have cereal or make a milkshake/smoothie with milk and frozen berries or with banana too.

Don't keep money available for take aways. Put spare money in savings where you cannot get it. Buy your weekly shop with only one small treat/chocolate bar. Nothing else. If it is not in your fridge, you cannot eat it.

I don't know anything about eating disorders but this is how i stop myself from overeating.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I overeat to especially prior to my period, however the drugs I'm on cause massive weight gain.
Something like CBT might help longterm.
I'm sorry you suffer with this.
Some natural supplements can help like evening primrose be careful if your on prescription drugs through.
Hugs

Lizaje

Lizaje

You have your periods every other weeks? Awful. Drinking a lot tea, coffee and water helps me some. Also having at hand low kcal foods like oatmeal, rice cakes, some babies food, fruit and veggies, especially boiled veggies like carrots, broccoli, potatoes, sweet potato or radishes — radishes have almost no calories.

U

Uno

i constantly crave chocolate really badly during my period. i daydream about it all day. i've heard good things about evening primrose oil being helpful for pms.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Eating Disorders Forum 3
E Eating Disorders Forum 12