• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

people who just dont get it re mental health

megirl

megirl

Anyway for a bit of a laugh
As i often say we are better with a few or even one true friend as opposed to many superficial ones!!!!!!!!
Anyway its taken a lot of work re my meds to get me pretty well ok
This 'friend' of mine (now ex-friend) reckons that if I go to a private mental health hospital (costs roughly 4000 dollars a week) she thinks this isnt that much money??
And then I may get off my meds and would get me 'sorted' then I could have a baby to nurture and yippee that would ?maybe cure me lol
Well if i told my pdoc this she would probably think wtf
Why fix something thats not broken
And a baby? well no sleep as we know can make us crook, a baby who needs their mum 24/7 its constant its not like having a dog and putting them in the kennel for the day I would rather spend time with other peoples children easy.
Anyway she also told me that i am always having dramas and i blame everyone and my mental illness for everything when 'its all up too me'
I often cant cope with day to day stuff i often dont know how to deal with certain life stressors its the way it is
I explained to her one day that I often just need to be alone and she got so mad with me
Maybe i am being mean but i think its easier to just walk away
??and i guess she probably thinks this is all another one of my 'dramas'
And apparantly her brother has bipolar and doesnt have dramas like me
I also think (I dont tell people i have bpd) but some of this unable to cope or not being able to nurture my self is more the bpd stuff
So yes anyway thats life

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Sorry you had to deal with someone like that. She didn't really sound like much of a friend really! A lot was said by her that makes me think 'ex-friend' is probably for the best. Us MH sufferers can feel bad enough about ourselves at times without someone making us feel worse.

Take care.

megirl

megirl

yeh thanks
Best of with less is often best

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K dont be mental on a forum? thatissilly Bipolar Forum 9
F Dont know if this is bi-polar. Bipolar Forum 1
S Help My Husband has Bipolar and I dont know what to do Bipolar Forum 5
P I dont feel like i need to sleep Bipolar Forum 10
AnxiousE Sincere Question -please dont get upset Bipolar Forum 9
T Dont get me wrong Bipolar Forum 1
A I dont want to get better Bipolar Forum 6
P I dont know who I am Bipolar Forum 7
megirl anxiety symptoms or what i dont know Bipolar Forum 3
R dont know what to feel Bipolar Forum 1
R dont know what to think Bipolar Forum 3
R Please dont judge me Bipolar Forum 3
megirl dont know where to start Bipolar Forum 25
L Dont let me down ? Dont make me leave , let me stay safe ? Bipolar Forum 10
M i dont know what to do Bipolar Forum 2
M I dont know whats happening Bipolar Forum 4
deadchick07 dont know what to do trig Bipolar Forum 10
G I need to ask a question dont ignore my post Bipolar Forum 9
megirl Dont we all do this? Bipolar Forum 9
C i dont know how to F****** control my manic/depressive episodes w/o drugs. Bipolar Forum 3
G i dont honestly know whats wrong with me Bipolar Forum 2
S STAFF MESSAGE I think I (BUT DONT APPOVE THIS ONE)elf diagnose) (I'll edit that post D:) Bipolar Forum 5
S I think I may be a textbook Bipolar I (But I dont wanna self diagnose) Bipolar Forum 9
loulabelle dont know what to do Bipolar Forum 5
bobshocker maybe it is. I'm just f****** done with it. i dont know anymore. Bipolar Forum 11
K i dont know if this is Bipolar or ADD Bipolar Forum 2
bobshocker kind of sorry, it's been weird, but i still dont wanna live anymore. im crying now. Bipolar Forum 25
bobshocker Another thing that really grinds my gears - not about sex, dont worry. Bipolar Forum 4
N Please dont judge Bipolar Forum 10
K work dont work , work dont work better not, Bipolar Forum 4
K Over hopeful my hopeful little bi-polars dont get ahead of your hopefulness now now....... Bipolar Forum 2
L Bipolar- Alternative Treatments when Meds and Therapy dont work Bipolar Forum 1
bobshocker im a bad bad shit headed motherfucker. dont read if ur offrnded. like xxxxxx Bipolar Forum 9
bobshocker Coming to a f***ing biplar head. - warning . Bob shocker. Dont read if u is nervous or nuthin. Bipolar Forum 18
D I dont want to be ill anymore Bipolar Forum 21
M dont feel at al good Bipolar Forum 6
loulabelle i quit my job. my friends left me. my parents dont trust me Bipolar Forum 10
T just dont know how much more I can take Bipolar Forum 6
L I dont want to be here Bipolar Forum 16
B I dont care any more Bipolar Forum 3
F So confused! Dont know whats wrong Bipolar Forum 2
ma2one please help...dont know how to express these feeling to my dr or others... Bipolar Forum 10
J dont want to see 2012 - Trigger Warning Bipolar Forum 13
E dont know if what im feeling is "real" Bipolar Forum 2
E Really dont know where to start... Bipolar Forum 16
M people that dont understand depression but claim to do really annoy me!! Bipolar Forum 1
S Mental Health is doing a nose dive Bipolar Forum 6
G Anyone else with a family history of mental illness? Bipolar Forum 51
HLon99 Drugs, pot and mental health. Bipolar Forum 23
C ** Please Help me ** Needing opinions on wife's mental state... Bipolar Forum 14