People Who Don't Know Better...

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
People who don't know better think that mania in bipolar disorder is fun. Sometimes it is, right? Sometimes it's the best high there is, but for me, most of the time, mania is what I call "tired but wired." It's no fun at all. I get so fucking tired and I think that if I lie down I'll fall asleep in seconds, but then I can't. Mania for me is so physical. I feel it coursing through my blood. I feel it hammering away in my heart, pounding in my head. I feel the mania in every muscle in my face and scalp. Therapists talk about tensing and then relaxing your whole body, starting with your toes, but when I am manic it's impossible to do.

Today I am not manic. Probably depressed. Still in my pyjamas at 2 pm. I know what triggered this--on Thursday I went to pick up prescriptions. My pharmacare hasn't kicked in yet. I haven't used up my $853 deductible yet, but I have coverage through Blue Cross as well (benefits package with work). But in spite of my coverage, I spent $260 on prescriptions. I should have gone back to the pharmacy to ask why my Blue Cross didn't cover my quetiapine, but I didn't want to hassle anyone and I was afraid I might make a scene. I was expecting to pay about $150, so this has really messed up my grocery allowance for the next 2 weeks, and I am super stressed about money right now. I know there's nothing anyone can do about it, but I just needed to vent a little.

Angels_Fire

Angels_Fire

People who don't know better think that mania in bipolar disorder is fun. Sometimes it is, right? Sometimes it's the best high there is, but for me, most of the time, mania is what I call "tired but wired." It's no fun at all. I get so fucking tired and I think that if I lie down I'll fall asleep in seconds, but then I can't. Mania for me is so physical. I feel it coursing through my blood. I feel it hammering away in my heart, pounding in my head. I feel the mania in every muscle in my face and scalp. Therapists talk about tensing and then relaxing your whole body, starting with your toes, but when I am manic it's impossible to do.

Today I am not manic. Probably depressed. Still in my pyjamas at 2 pm. I know what triggered this--on Thursday I went to pick up prescriptions. My pharmacare hasn't kicked in yet. I haven't used up my $853 deductible yet, but I have coverage through Blue Cross as well (benefits package with work). But in spite of my coverage, I spent $260 on prescriptions. I should have gone back to the pharmacy to ask why my Blue Cross didn't cover my quetiapine, but I didn't want to hassle anyone and I was afraid I might make a scene. I was expecting to pay about $150, so this has really messed up my grocery allowance for the next 2 weeks, and I am super stressed about money right now. I know there's nothing anyone can do about it, but I just needed to vent a little.
Hi prairiechick,

Ignore what other people think about it. Each persin has their own opinions but sometimes I guess they can be abit stupid so let them think what they think. (No offence to anyone at all!).

Vent away, that's what the forum is for after all. Can you contact the Blue Cross to find out why they didn't cover your meds?? I'm from the UK so I don't have much knowledge on that sorry.

Stay strong and be safe xx

Last edited: