• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

People who are around 50

D

Dazed & Confused

I'm starting a thread for peope who are around 50. I'm 50 and I'm interested in talking to people who are around my age.

I'm interested in hearing about what it's like from other people who are my age, who have lived with a mental illness for many years.

I thought we could talk about anything that's going on in our lives, not just about mental illness, which is why I posted here.

I'm sorry that I'm excluding people outside of this age group. I don't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I think I would find it very interesting and helpful to talk to people around my age.

D

Dazed & Confused

I briefly watched a show the other day from my childhood called The Banana Splits Show. I used to watch it when I was about 4 or 5. I only have vague memories of that time in my life, but I remember that I loved that show!

When I was watching the show I couldn't believe how old it looked. It looked like it was from another time. I also looked at a photo of myself from when I was 5. It was my birthday and I look so happy. I can't believe that 45 years have passed since then. Where did all the time go?

Did anyone else watch this crazy, tripped out show?

Mom_To_Two_Too

Mom_To_Two_Too

Hi, I'm 51 though I keep saying I'm 50 because it's easier, I guess.

HeartOnSleeve

HeartOnSleeve

Maybe i can sneak in at 46 😬
It was Terrahawks that made me pee the bed 🛏
How that was kids TV I'll never know.Yikes!