• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

People trying to diagnose psychosis on another forum

P

Phil10

I had Solipsism thoughts about being only one who exists/life controlled trueman show stuff or worries coronavirus is a hoax and I’ve had people trying to diagnose psychosis. How can I be psychosis when I’ve been on bipolar meds for 4 years which are antipsychotic medication? I work go shopping live a normal life so low is it psychosis? I quit another forum recently due to people trolling me I may have to limit all forum use due to the advice I am getting?

The forum is a depersonalisation forum and it’s not the first time they have tried to misdiagnose psychosis?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
People shouldn't be trying to diagnose you but share experiences.
You can still get psychosis even with meds, not all meds work for everyone. You can be treatment resistant need a higher dose prescribed by your dr or need two or more meds in combination therapy.

P

Phil10

Also ive had these thoughts for quite some time if I was psychosis surely I would be totally unaware of this?

P

Phil10

Hi,
People shouldn't be trying to diagnose you but share experiences.
You can still get psychosis even with meds, not all meds work for everyone. You can be treatment resistant need a higher dose prescribed by your dr or need two or more meds in combination therapy.
And yes I understand this but my meds have been the same dose for about 2 years now after being reduced. I had these thoughts as far back as 4 or more years ago they just pop up again. If I was psychosis how can I go to work go shopping do things as normal? The thoughts are simply passing thoughts I get yet people think I am crazy?

P

Phil10

Also given I’ve had these thoughts for years is it possible to be psychosis permanently for a whole 4 years? I have never heard of that before usually it’s a one off episode and you get sectioned I’ve had people suggest psychosis for months yet I am able to function as normal?