• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

People talking weird HELP

R

Rolandrat

Diagnosis of ptsd usually cripples me with anxiety to the degree I don't go out. Staying at home curbs my hypervalence to a bearable level. Had to go to chemist for meds today and thought everyone was talking different languages ( they weren't) told the girl at the til that I don't speak Spanish then realised she was speaking English. Same thing happening in the shop next door. I have had some visual hallucinations, or as I call them changes in my visual perception due to flashbacks but this freaked me out. Anyone else had similar, really do t want to go out again and is triggering dark thoughts and self injury. Scared I'm going psychotic. Help

R

Rolandrat

No, terrified as my brother had schizophrenia (he's no longer alive). I Have been started on a small dose of resperidone as a mood stabiliser as I am starting the process of reliving through therapy. Just terrified I'm going down a different path. I don't feel real but that could be meds ? Scared

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think it might be a combo of the new medication. ( Different people react to different mess in different ways) and the therapy which is going to really mess with your brain and emotions in my opinion. If it happens again go and see your doctor straight away but at your next appointment mention it anyway.

xxx

R

Rolandrat

Thanks for the reassurance, got appt on tues with GP who I trust more than psych ( can't tell psych in case they lock me up) got good relationship with GP and practice nurse who is dealing with my injuries at present. Mental health really should be in primary care I think, far less daunting.

Thanks soooo much for replying though xx